Year of made

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
if u are right..
1. sue the dealer n importer..
2. get ur money back..
3. go tt..
4. after getting enuff racun.. mod ur vehicle..

if u r wrong..
1. keep quite then.. :D

joking.. haha.. nway.. i think there's something fishy going on since the dealer won't or can't answer ur question about the year.. why dont u get jpj to check..

Hi guys,

Can someone advise me what does it mean by Prod Year?? Is it not the same as Year of Manufacture??

The data in www.realoem.com/bmw indicates that the Prod. Year of my car is July 1999.

the year of production on year end will coause lots of confusion for many buyer and dealer aswell. This is the practice for many car manufacturer, year end production will declared and the following year car on registration but when u chk the VIN it will show the actual manufacturing /production car. This is what happen to a batch of Chevrolet Nabira, sold in Feb 2005 as declared 2005 car but JPJ reject due to the some details in the form they put the production 2004.....

Originally posted by edk@Jul 4 2006, 01:59 PM
Hi guys,

Can someone advise me what does it mean by Prod Year?? Is it not the same as Year of Manufacture??

The data in www.realoem.com/bmw indicates that the Prod. Year of my car is July 1999.
As far as this site is concerned Prod Year=Date of Manufacture. Not model year.

funfer_fahrer,

Yes, I was told by Autobavaria that the Prod. Year is actually Year of Manufacture.

tkew,

I can understand if the car was manufactured somewhere in Nov or Dec and released from the plant in the subsequent year. In my case, the car was manufactured in July 1999. There is a 10 months gap. I suspect the dealer forged the year of manufacture so that they can ask for higher price. I will not let the car dealer get away with that. For the money that i paid, i could have bought a new facelift model.

Tomorrow i will call up bmwmalaysia to clearify further before i decide on the action to be taken.

Thank you very much for you guys' advice.

very hard to tell in your case. the date shown on realoem indicates the time your car kit was made if it is a local assemble. in a positive way maybe the car kit was made in july 99 then it takes a couple of months to ship the kit to japan and it takes another couple of months before japan decides to assemble it. anyways did you manage to look at the seatbelt label? if it was cut you have a strong case there because some dealer cut out the labels and this proves that they knew date shown on ap is not right.

he got the point why take so long july production batch, may be they did it on purpose coz it is cheaper....

Hi guys,

It has been confirmed by bmwmalaysia that my car was manufactured in 19 July 1999, not May 2000 as stated in the registration card.

Furthermore, I couldn't find the red tag attached to the safety belt. It had been cut.

I am very sure that the dealer has forged the details.

Those who intend to purchase recond cars, please be extra careful in checking all the details.

Originally posted by edk@Jul 5 2006, 02:06 PM
Hi guys,

It has been confirmed by bmwmalaysia that my car was manufactured in 19 July 1999, not May 2000 as stated in the registration card.

Furthermore, I couldn't find the red tag attached to the safety belt. It had been cut.

I am very sure that the dealer has forged the details.

Those who intend to purchase recond cars, please be extra careful in checking all the details.
do u intend to take any action against them?

I hate to say this but I think you "sudah kena main" by the car dealer. Now, it's a matter of how far you want to pursue this case. If I were you, I would go all the way. Remember, they can cheat most of the people most of the time but not all the people all the time. Let me tell you a story. My neighbour bought an E36 drom a car dealer. He was basically happy with the car until he send the car for the first service. The mechanic that attended the car was familiar with the car because apparently the car was sent for servicing there by the previous owner. What a coincidence! He later found that service records belonging to his car and to his surprise the mileage on his car had been adjusted by the car dealer so that he can sell at higher price. He confronted the car dealer and as usual they will come with lots of bulls**t. The best part, despite all this the car dealer refused to settle out of court. Finally, my neighbour took a legal action and the car dealer ended up paying a fortune for damages. Just to give you an idea that you can actually win if you go to court. And it is not difficult.

funfer_fahrer,

Thanks for your advice. I will let this car dealer get away with murder.

In fact, I talked to the manager earlier. He wanted to settle the issue and asked me how do I want it to be compansated. I was not prepared so i said i need to consult my lawyer.

After talking to my lawyer friend, he advised me to return the car and demand for the refund of down payment, interest paid to finance company and whatever that i had spent on the car. These are the basic things that i can demand for. Of course i can also claim for other losses.

I will definitely pursue this matter as far as i have to.

Originally posted by edk@Jul 5 2006, 08:51 PM
funfer_fahrer,

Thanks for your advice. I will let this car dealer get away with murder.

In fact, I talked to the manager earlier. He wanted to settle the issue and asked me how do I want it to be compansated. I was not prepared so i said i need to consult my lawyer.

After talking to my lawyer friend, he advised me to return the car and demand for the refund of down payment, interest paid to finance company and whatever that i had spent on the car. These are the basic things that i can demand for. Of course i can also claim for other losses.

I will definitely pursue this matter as far as i have to.
from what i observe, year per year difference of price for E46 is around 10K, since the car is actually 1999 instead of 2000, ask him to pay u back 10K difference. (just an idea to settle it if u really like the car)

yup i totally agree with tikus. if you really like the car very much ask the dealer to pay you 10k difference. while you are at that why not check the mileage. i am sure they tempared that too. ask your workshop to read the mileage from your lcm. maybe you can ask for more. just an idea

Hi Mouse & Tamade7,

In the first place, why should i compromise if someone trying to cheat me. If i didn't find out the truth, the car dealer would have got away with it - making extra $$$$$. You think they will feel sorry for cheating us????

Actually, I called them 3 times to enquire about it when I first bought my car. They gave the explaination that the different in year of manufacture was due to shipping and all sort of reasons. THEY ARE NOT HONEST AT ALL. Luckly with the help of all the gurus out there, otherwise i would have found the truth.

Initially i was thinking about the compansation like what you guys said. But after a further thought, why should i let them get away with their wrong doing?????

Thanks for all the kind advice.

Hi Funfer Fahrer,

The car dealer does not agree to my request. What they agreed is merely to pay for the difference is price. Appreciate if you could give me some advise on legal proceeding.

Originally posted by edk@Jul 6 2006, 05:38 PM
Hi Funfer Fahrer,

The car dealer does not agree to my request. What they agreed is merely to pay for the difference is price. Appreciate if you could give me some advise on legal proceeding.
Bro,

Standby one. Just hang on there for a while. Let me speak to my neighbour and ask his personal opinion on how to go about it. Don't rush and keep your cool.

Edk,

Are you still with me? My neighbour was quite busy. Didn't manage to catch him during the weekends to go further into the details. He actually didn't go to the court but instead he went to the consumer tribunal. Apparently, that is the most cost effective way and also less time consuming. You can, however engage a good lawyer and to to a proper court but that might take ages before they call you. By that time you might already have sold your car and if you take into account inflation rate and lawyer's fee I don't think this is going to be a good option. Anyway, it is good to talk to somebody expert in this field before you decide. The decision is yours.

funfer_fahrer,

Thanks for your reply.

For your info, consumer tribunal will only handle cases for a maximum claim of RM25k. Anything more than that will have to go to court. It is going to be very tedious.

I will be seeing my lawyer for further advise on this.

My opinion....

In principle, going to court will be the best but question is...do you have the stomach and fees available if this drags on? My personal advice, sent someone to bash this dealer up good time and just live with the car....after all its only a year extra...for me, i hate to have something dragging on my shoulders and with endless possibilities...i solve it there and then and live on...courts in malaysia...it'll take at least 0.5 year to 1 year just to hear you....

-my two cents worth-

Good luck to you edk, hope whatever actions you take you get this cheating car dealers and make them pay.

Please keep us updated so we can know what to do if we get into similiar situations

Regards

Top Bottom