Y Warning Light On???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by LumKyE46@May 31 2006, 03:18 PM
Sent to diagnose & they found no fault in the report-la... that's y 'headache' :cry:

Found out our brader Valkyrie oso got this problem... haven found solution too.

Need to do some trouble shooting... if successful wil post up to all.
At the moment nothing can do but cry-la :cry:

Thanks for replying.
Bro,

Is it a rear or front lamp indictor. Common problems is on rear light indicator... happen to me more than 3 times...

Finally they change the whole set of rear break light (warranty)... problems = due to the socket melted when it is too hot... ask them to rewire and check the socket for both (i.e. front or rear)

Hope its help!

Regards
eddie70

asyiken & eddie70, where u guys did your rewiring for the rear light and how much it cost?

Originally posted by Mouse@Jul 16 2006, 09:12 PM
asyiken & eddie70, where u guys did your rewiring for the rear light and how much it cost?
Mine was done at Chu Seng in Penang. Cheap cheap laa...no more than RM20. I will try dig out my receipt and let you know later. What they do is cut the wire, put on a connector clip then slid onto the metal bracket and tighten with a plier. That's all. Something like that, I don't know how to explain but you bring your car to me, I can do it for you..hahaha...

You can really D.I.Y. this....

woooo ...okies, i hope mine stay like this without any warning lights lighting up ...touch big wood :D

01082006370oh4.jpg

Is this the warning light? I also got the same problem after installing Angel Eyes =(

my cartoon on the dashboard disply also light up today, its showing left rear light. after checking, i found the left rear brake light not working. i take it out and turn in again and the light is ok back (cartoon on display also hilang liow). the bulb didnt burn or anything. after that happen again. i notice it happen after i switch off the engine and then if i start back, the same thing will happen.....

Hi i am driving e36 328i, :( i got the same problem, my rear left brake light, rear left reverse light and front left dim light sometime not working too. Any sifu can assist me? I am from KL.

2nd, i found out that my aircond is not cool enaugh during afternoon/hot sunny day. Sweating like hell :( especially after taking my favourite mee curry lunch. In the morning and evening its no problemo. Its it due to the aircond belt and or maybe its native to old car like mine. :( now kenot drive my fav. car during hot sunny day.

angel eyes

i'm about to install angel eyes this weekend but hesitated after reading this thread ler....:p can any one direct me to a good mechanic for the installation, at least they know what to do to avoid all these problems... many thanks braders out there.

worried.

i just bought a e46 n having the same problem too..
both the front lamp..
weird..
can any sifu tell me wat is the consequences..
will it make anything worst or it doesnt affect anything..

n can any sifu tell me where is the best place to service my car in kl besides auto bavaria..

thx..

Hi All,

am currently experiencing the same problem. The fault light warning comes on intermittently. What is the overall concensus on how to resolve this? Re-wiring.

Also, if I were to recommend a workshop, try M-Speed in Subang, quite close to Seri Kembangang.

haha you guys should visit e46fanatics for more info...anyways...

If your car is upgrading from HALOGENS to HID's meaning you just installed a HID kit .. it is likely this is causing the warning light (low beam) on the dash .. that is because your car think's your light is out but the fact is its not..to solve this you have a few options:

1) Use a capacitor to give more power
2) Buy an error light kit ..light cancel kit whatever
3) Get a supplementary HID harness
4) get your LCM reprogram to accept Xenon's but you will lose your High beams

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=532833&highlight=hid+error

It is not the Angel eyes causing the problem...its your HID conversion kits...

I've bought a cancel kit..and my passenger side is cleared but sometimes the driver side warning light comes out..but after my car heats up it goes away..

weisiong123;322110 said:
haha you guys should visit e46fanatics for more info...anyways...

If your car is upgrading from HALOGENS to HID's meaning you just installed a HID kit .. it is likely this is causing the warning light (low beam) on the dash .. that is because your car think's your light is out but the fact is its not..to solve this you have a few options:

1) Use a capacitor to give more power
2) Buy an error light kit ..light cancel kit whatever
3) Get a supplementary HID harness
4) get your LCM reprogram to accept Xenon's but you will lose your High beams

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=532833&highlight=hid+error

It is not the Angel eyes causing the problem...its your HID conversion kits...

I've bought a cancel kit..and my passenger side is cleared but sometimes the driver side warning light comes out..but after my car heats up it goes away..

Its' true. The HID is the cause of the headlamp warning light problem. Just add a capacitor in parallel 2 each side of the HID lowbeam circuit & the warning light disappears 4 good

Well, am not using any modified lights or HID's, everything is stock standard yet I still get the occassional rear light fault indicator. I've tried cleaning the contacts for all the bulbs at the back of the car but no resolution. Anyone with a "smart" solution????

It's happening now that "rear light fault" indicator have gone off in my E36 this morning. After driving 4 sometime & after I've switched off the & when I restart the car again, the fault is gone. This was repaeted again in the afternoon. Maybe this is contagious!:eek:

my car was fitted with an aftermarket HID when i got it n so far no prob.. however yesterday after heavy rain CHECK LOWBEAM LIGHTS indicator appear.. funny thing is the lights all functioning and when i turn on the lights the message go off but when i turn it off the message appear again.. i think this has got to do with the HID relay? rainwater must've shorted it somehow.. any suggestion how to rectify this?

Top Bottom