Y Warning Light On???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

LumKyE46

Club Guest
Hi to all brader/ sista,I'm 'kepala pusing' with my Bulb Warning Indicator on the display panel that is constantly on. As if informing me that the low beam light or side indicator bulb burst.• Oh yes... I've changed all the bulbs to white color one and that was 2 years ago, but nothing happen.• Then add angle eyes 2 months ago, now this thing happen.• I noticed that to get rid of it... switch on the light... 5 seconds then it'll go away but will come back soon after.• And at the moment I switch on the light... the side (only 1) indicator will lite-up... 3 seconds, then go off. • As usual... mechanic told me to go back original, throw away the angel eye & it will be ok. Headache... headache... :( Any kind soul out there can provide solution or experienced that before-ar???

chk the connector may be lose connection, the wire and bulb type, use the correct bulb sometimes can also cause problemo

Sent to diagnose & they found no fault in the report-la... that's y 'headache' :cry:

Found out our brader Valkyrie oso got this problem... haven found solution too.

Need to do some trouble shooting... if successful wil post up to all.
At the moment nothing can do but cry-la :cry:

Thanks for replying.

No power stabilizer-la, why last time no need but now need it?
Must be the angle eye not compatible.
But that oso after installing it, 2 months later only the symptom appear.

LumKyE46,

Latest update. Sent my car to get that annoying warning light rectified.
The workshop change one bulb and clean the connectors.

Mechanic says the connector dirty and this is why the warning light is on. So far so good. No warning light since last saturday.

You should get it look at properly soon because it will get worse. Initially it only happens during daytime and the light goes off when you switch on the main beam.

It will gradually get worse until it will light up even at night and may not go off with the headlight switch on.

Not sure if my method will work since yours is front light and mine is rear light but no harm trying it out.

Hi man, just mentioned your name and you popped-up instantly.
Thanks for your in-put, will try your method.

Thanks again. :D

Originally posted by tkew@May 31 2006, 12:24 PM
chk the connector may be lose connection, the wire and bulb type, use the correct bulb sometimes can also cause problemo
tkew, seems like your advise is correct-la, the connector problem.
Thanks a million :D

LumKyE46,

Hehehe... Glad you got that problem rectified. Maybe the connector wasn't plug in snugly during angel eye installation and got loose as you drive around more.

Good to hear that problem is solved. Thus, you now can go doing more stuff for your car :p :yahoo:

Originally posted by leakwoon@May 31 2006, 11:23 PM
cool

tat is the spirit of info sharing

i m lovin't it :D
Cool-la u guys... if car break down at North-South hi-way must 1st to
call u all to help push car-la.

Can-ar?... so helpful bugger :D

The warning light still on-lah :cry: :cry: even after cleaning low beam/ signal connector.

Originally posted by LumKyE46@Jun 2 2006, 03:16 PM
The warning light still on-lah :cry: :cry: even after cleaning low beam/ signal connector.
last option maybe to follow what your mechanic say that is changing back to the original light

Originally posted by LumKyE46@Jun 2 2006, 03:16 PM
Try also cleaning main headlight connector? Clean all connectors :D

If not then try to eliminate the possible causes one by one. Starting with mouse suggestion - remove angel eyes.

If light still on then try changing the bulbs too.

I believe I have to trouble-shoot one step at a time like you guys said... painful-ler :beaten:

TQ

Originally posted by LumKyE46@Jun 5 2006, 10:31 AM
I believe I have to trouble-shoot one step at a time like you guys said... painful-ler :beaten:

TQ
bro, we were talking about this with eddie last friday. He mentioned to unplug the fuse. However i can't find the fuse for that little bulb leh...

The fuse card have brake light (9), front fog light (38), light module (9,32), reversing light (27) ...mine is a 318 prefacelift, izit the same fuse card as yours 328?

Hello Bro. Don't be so sad laa..I had the same experience but now resolved already.

Try to get your mechanic to look at the wiring contact for the lights, not the bulb contact, especially the earth wire. Apparently, mine melted laa. It seems that happens quite commonly because the earth wire is "on" all the time (when your engine is fired up) unlike the other wires which is activated only when you use the lights.

All they do is cut the earth wire (originally it has a contact clip or something), and do a by-pass direct contact instead. Been 2 months, so far so good.

My point is, try checking the wiring contacts instead of the bulb contacts. Perhaps that's the underlying problem...like mine. Cheers!

Top Bottom