X1 20d - Hesitant driving feel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bobbychoo

Hi there all,

I am experiencing an odd condition so perhaps I could get some advice.

The vehicle is an X1 20d.

When vehicle is in Neutral, I rev the engine. It is smooth as silk.

When engaged in D or M mode, and I accelerate off (gentle or aggressively), there is a strange hesitating feeling from the car. It still has lots of torque (and raring to go), but I can feel as if the torque is cut-off for a few milliseconds. This 'hesitation' happens continuously until I stop accelerating. When cruising, it does not feel that way.

In another words, when accelerating, it feels like someone is pinching the fuel line or covering it's air intake for a few milliseconds.

Another feeling I have is, it searches for the right gear at times.

Anyone has experienced this?

Something to note, there was an error code "4BDA Fuel Pre-supply Pressure". Does this mean anything?

And a regular mechanic suspects the "diesel filter under the car". Is it the DPF? But I've read the DPF is taken out from CKD vehicles? He has first tried cleaning the MAF sensor didn't help.

Thanks in advance!

bob

Change the diesel filter. It is quite cheap For my E90 320d, cost roughly about 80 ringgit.

Then add Pedal Box. Guarantee more responsive! Some say...car will be zero hesitation but driver will have hesitation as feels too responsive!

Top Bottom