WTA: Recaro SPG

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Van1ty

Club Guest
Does anyone have any experience with them? Other forums claim they're one of the most comfortable seats out there. But they're fixed back, so I have my doubts. I'm planning to get a pair of SPGs or SR-6s and don't want to regret my decision. If anyone has either one of these seats, mind if I test duduk? =p

I doubt a fixed seat would be comfortable for everyday driving.
Have you had a look at the Recaro Sportster CS?
They are comfortable and look good.

maxxsp;366855 said:
I doubt a fixed seat would be comfortable for everyday driving.
Have you had a look at the Recaro Sportster CS?
They are comfortable and look good.

That's what I thought as well. But apparently the SPG, like the Pole Position, is a "comfortable" fixed back. Just asking around to see if I could test the seat out for myself. Yeah I had a look. Way over my budget. =p I'm buying my seats used then plan to rewrap them the same colour as my backseat. Total cost would be cheaper than buying a pair of brand new recaros.

wow, SPG for road car?
Tho I drive a 2 door car....access for back passengers is a safety need for my passenger's peace of mind. Unless the rear is full of roll cage, like my pals GT3 or race cars - then ok lor.

Jules;367089 said:
wow, SPG for road car?
Tho I drive a 2 door car....access for back passengers is a safety need for my passenger's peace of mind. Unless the rear is full of roll cage, like my pals GT3 or race cars - then ok lor.

That's what I thought as well. If Porsche road cars can have fixed back seats with no comfort issues (subjective), then why not a BMW? =p And I have 4-point seat belts equipped, so it's rare that I bring ppl in the back, cause they're inconvenient to take out. My second option is the SR-6, which actually holds you like a fixed back would, but can still recline to allow for convenient access to the rear seats. Since I sit in an upright racing position when I drive anyway, having the luxury of a reclinable seat doesn't really matter to me. =p

Hi, from my own experience, most Sparco bucket seats are quite comfy [ yes, even for KL - JB drive in a hatchback with stiff Ohlins setup ], for the padding is quite thick, and yeah, they're still FIA - rated too!

Most of the seats from Bride range, is kinda not - so - comfy for long - distance drives due to the lack of padding.

Recaro - wise, the lower end buckets can be kind of comfortable for long - distance driving, but no the high - end ones. But I have yet to seat my arse in the newer TS-G and RS-G ones, you may see for yourself and judge which ones is better for you http://www.jdm-option.com/eng/parts/05_11/recaro.html.

Then don't forget about rails, u want single - locking ones, or double - locking ones, then whether u wanna the seat to be much lower than the stock seats in your car?

To me, there's nothing wrong with using fixed - backed seats in either a two door, or a saloon car. But of course, if you want to maximise the usage of your bucket seats, fix at least a 3 point harness, 4 point better lah 'cause better spread of load, but you'll lose the seat right behind yours lah.

Or maybe, if you want the most blingin' seat, I recommend Recaro SPX CL 100! Racy - pure dry carbon, leather and alcantara mix!

the spg come standard in the porsche 968 cs and are supposed to be very good/comfortable.
however, and i dont know this for real, but i think there are a few fakes around. i have seen 2 seats with identical serial numbers on them... maybe thats just the way there come, but i dont think so.

Top Bottom