Alfa GT

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I was pleasantly suprised that there was no torque steer at all in the 2 litre GT, but I do wonder what a big fat V6 3.2 litre lump and the corresponding flood of torque will do to its steering responses...?

Redd, yeah, no getting away from the Alfa badge with THAT front grill...!

Originally posted by The Necessary@Oct 21 2005, 04:26 PM
Via special order only. Thus I doubt it will be available for test drives.

Further thoughts;

I would never buy the GT, it is too effeminate. It would be ideal for a hot, young chick. Maybe a mistress. That would be something, no?
Chicks or mistress don't drive Alfa. Not a status symbol. They drive BMW coupe :)

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Oct 12 2005, 02:07 PM
I think its more a reflection of the individual. I was in Dataran AWD Motorimage recently and there wasn't anyone there, so I just hung around and checked out the cars. The sole sales bloke then came in and apologised as he was in the w/shop. He was very polite and was genuinely enthusiastic. Too bad I don't have the RM197 for the 2004 WRX.
:) the WRX comes with 225bhp and a 5speed manual box if i'm not mistaken.compared to the STi with 280bhp and a 6speed manual box,the WRX falls a little short in the numbers game..but at rm197k brand new i guess its not bad..a bit of boost tweak wud bring it up to speed,no probs.

love the engine note but hate the shape though..

a neighbour/friend just bought one and he's been aching for a duel..damn!!
had to gracefully decline though..wudn't want to be tapau'd so easily.

sorry guys,a bit off topic..

Originally posted by ersalle@Oct 24 2005, 11:49 AM
Buy E90 330i and push to 250km/h see who reach 1st, the WRX or the bimmer ehheheh
:) but the pricing is in different classes already..so far apart.

YAhhhh Jap yen and Euro dollar also different apart. At the end of the day a WRX/EVO'S would be unnoticed after a while or so but a BMW is a BMW after 10 years.
Jap tin can ends up 1/2 cut earlier than conti cars. :p

Originally posted by The Necessary@Oct 21 2005, 02:09 PM
Hey, just test drove the car yesterday at Glenmarie in the pouring rain. Other than the fact that the car is pretty darn slow (for a "sporting" coupe), and the brakes were, in my opinion, inadequte, I was very, very impressed.

Build quality is of course of a rung lower than BMW/Audi, but the interior is extremely well excecuted and stylish, with a lovely cosy feeling, and I was able to get pretty comfortable in there. EXCEPT for the dreaded long armed driving position! Space in the back is pretty good too.

As for the driving experience, it handles well. Quite malleable on the limit (easily reached, thanks to the rain), and the traction control is very effective and doesn't seem overly intrusive. Ride comfort is good- but that's on 16inch wheels. It needs 17s, if not 18s to look really good, me thinks. Steering is very direct, with good levels of feel. Engine is smooth, up until the last 500rpm or so (red line at 7k), when it starts to get pretty darn thrashy. Transmission wise, I've only sampled one 156 Selespeed before, and I thought this was a great improvement on that, although, having just stepped from a M3, the shift speeds were rather slow, in my opinion, but the smoothness of the full bore shifts were better than SMG2. Maybe cos I've got SMG2 on S5.

Oh, rear visibility sucks through that letter box slot of a rear window.

Looks. Man, it looks good. Parked head to tail with Martha, it made her look SO germanic. For better or for worse! I preferred the way the GT looked.

Now, if only it didn't have that Alfa badge, had a bigger engine, RWD and a 6 speed manual...

Still, MUCH MUCH better than any 4 pot 3 series... but it IS 270k OTR... Hmmm...
panda boy says:
its slow.
brakes crap.
interior cosy.
handles well.
etc...

conclusion: very, very impressed.
for a car enthusiast you sound like a train aficionado, sometimes the referred term for mercedes owners. happy railing!

let's just be honest. imagine the most desirable car ever that you would die to drive, and tell me its got really pretty crap power. and i'd point out a train man/passenger type.

at the end of the day, power is a necessary but insufficient criteria. if it passes the power test, we move on to the other tests. but if it fails the power test outright, forget about it.

This f8 very funny lah. Only 5th post, he wakes from the grave to wallop The Necessary. Brudder f8, hang out in this forum more often lah!

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Oct 24 2005, 10:44 PM
This f8 very funny lah. Only 5th post, he wakes from the grave to wallop The Necessary. Brudder f8, hang out in this forum more often lah!
yalor.....panda boy seriously in need of a worthy sparring partner.....cabuz

precisely!

for this exact reason someone has to bring the deluded (who basks behind a moderator's plague and calls an m3 'martha' whilst wasting away on more bad takeaway) back to his sensibilities for two greater reasons:
1. prevent him from usurping fellow men's good sense and style(as evident in the gt review)
2. as detox from small schlong syndrome

Originally posted by f8.@Oct 25 2005, 08:45 AM
precisely!

for this exact reason someone has to bring the deluded (who basks behind a moderator's plague and calls an m3 'martha' whilst wasting away on more bad takeaway) back to his sensibilities for two greater reasons:
1. prevent him from usurping fellow men's good sense and style(as evident in the gt review)
2. as detox from small schlong syndrome
Whoa! f8 - 1; The Necessary - 0.

f8.,

I peeked the last time we were pee'ing in the mens' room. I definitely have a much bigger "schlong" than yours. I think your girlfriend agrees too.

I stand guilty of the other charge.

Top Bottom