Alfa GT

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
John, the AROC boys take your experience very seriously when they found out about the blunder by Sime and a GT owner will be calling you to assist. + the big discount as promised :) to make up. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the modern Alfas but the GT is another animal all together. I can't wait for the 159 to landon our shores.

Originally posted by wirelessjunkie@Oct 11 2005, 08:22 PM
John, the AROC boys take your experience very seriously when they found out about the blunder by Sime and a GT owner will be calling you to assist. + the big discount as promised :) to make up. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the modern Alfas but the GT is another animal all together. I can't wait for the 159 to landon our shores.
wow... that serious ah? That showroom is sure gonna get under attack....

I don't know, maybe u guys were always being treated good all this while in showrooms.. ;) but for me, I'd walked in so many BMW showrooms, and lately even twice to the new Audi showroom at Genmarie.. although they hv lots of warm bodies there, no one ever give a damn abt my existant!

Too bad. Their lost. :dunno:

No sales person ever gives me the hoot.... but then again, I cannot blame them. I am usually dressed in T-shirt, shorts and sandals. :D

Know what u mean Flash

what is it with these companies..is it the attitude of the staff of the failure of HR manager to train them properly? Probably need some foreign talent to be brought in to improve sales..ultimately it is the MD who is responsible for
tolerating such crap..fire his A$$!

Good luck with the discount Juan..I tell u this much ..if this is how they treat u b4 you buy the car ..just imagine what wonderful treatment awaits u when it comes to 'After Sales'

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by skycon@Oct 12 2005, 02:55 AM
I don't know, maybe u guys were always being treated good all this while in showrooms.. ;) but for me, I'd walked in so many BMW showrooms, and lately even twice to the new Audi showroom at Genmarie.. although they hv lots of warm bodies there, no one ever give a damn abt my existant!

Too bad. Their lost. :dunno:
I think it is the cold corporate culture permeating from Sime Darby itself. The staff at BMW Glenmarie are known to be stuck up and don't give a hoot unless you appear like some Datuk or Datin or some rich buggar...otherwise service remains a dream. Sime Darby, WAKE UP!!

I think its more a reflection of the individual. I was in Dataran AWD Motorimage recently and there wasn't anyone there, so I just hung around and checked out the cars. The sole sales bloke then came in and apologised as he was in the w/shop. He was very polite and was genuinely enthusiastic. Too bad I don't have the RM197 for the 2004 WRX.

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Oct 12 2005, 02:07 PM
I think its more a reflection of the individual. I was in Dataran AWD Motorimage recently and there wasn't anyone there, so I just hung around and checked out the cars. The sole sales bloke then came in and apologised as he was in the w/shop. He was very polite and was genuinely enthusiastic. Too bad I don't have the RM197 for the 2004 WRX.
Errrr, RM197 for the 2004 WRX? that's cheap.... guess you left out the "K".... :D

Juan Powerblow,

You're the first guy I know that's thinking of switching from RWD to FWD. Most people make the opposite trek, one way. That's the problem with cars like the Alfa GT and VW Golf GTi- if they sent all that power to the back wheels, I'd say sales numbers would go up.

Handling wise, I'll reserve judgement til after testdriving the GT. But the fact remains that its FWD. And with the 3.2V6 (IMO the only way to fly) that would mean one nose-heavy car, at least on paper.

According to Auto Express the placement of pedals in the GT are too close together- "Even for a heel-and-toe merchant." And the steering isn't weighted enough. That doesn't sound too driver-friendly but the upside is that these complaints can be addressed in later / facelifted models.

But hell, the Alfa sure looks good. All she needs to do is go topless.

Did you get a test drive yet?

placement of pedals is always a problem with italian cars. the italians are a bit like monkeys u see - long arms, short legs, and small feet. hence, all their cars are ergonomically designed to fit primates.

the selespeed shd not suffer any heel-toe issue, however, cos:

a) u dont got no clutch pedal
B) the selespeed system does the rev-matching for you (try it, it's a hoot!)

steering feel is never an issue with the alfas. take the car to the edge of tire grip and see how communicative the steering can be.

jpb, id like to say that ur experience with sime is rather the exception than the norm, but it isnt. its well-known that the biggest issue with alfa sales is the dealer network. kalbfell himself was ignored at various UK dealers when the made surprise visits there earlier this year.

we were hoping that sime - being a new setup - would start from a clean slate and avoid these mistakes. but how can u not make these mistakes when u have the same ppl from the old dealership working there? short of brainwashing the old guard, i regret that we're going to have to put up with the same s**t, but different store. :(

redd

JPB,

Relating your story, I was once in AB Glenmarie on a Saturday morning...went in but there was not a shadow in sight...until bout 30 mins later when I was about to leave. I decided to give him a chance to entertain me but he just sat down and open some bunch of files. :blink: I left and that was the first and the very last time i would step into AB Glenmarie....blardy ar$$e$. :angry:

Hi guys..if you are into S&M and wish to get more abuse and release your pent up 'demand'.. Auto italia is giving test drives at their new centre at Auto City Juru Penang Oct15+16 between 11am-6pm and feature the latest models from the Alfa Romeo stable including the Alfa GT Coupe, the 156 sedan and the 147 hatchback.

http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.js...a5e5e0-130d3817

caveat emptor :ph34r: :rofl:

Sorry guys, I haven't had the chance to test drive the car cos work commitments have been driving me up the wall. Perhaps, this weekend when I have the time to go all the way to Glenmarie. Might as well take the chance to drive the E90 325i too since (quite embarassingly) I take part in discussions about it but haven't driven the damn thang!

Hey, just test drove the car yesterday at Glenmarie in the pouring rain. Other than the fact that the car is pretty darn slow (for a "sporting" coupe), and the brakes were, in my opinion, inadequte, I was very, very impressed.

Build quality is of course of a rung lower than BMW/Audi, but the interior is extremely well excecuted and stylish, with a lovely cosy feeling, and I was able to get pretty comfortable in there. EXCEPT for the dreaded long armed driving position! Space in the back is pretty good too.

As for the driving experience, it handles well. Quite malleable on the limit (easily reached, thanks to the rain), and the traction control is very effective and doesn't seem overly intrusive. Ride comfort is good- but that's on 16inch wheels. It needs 17s, if not 18s to look really good, me thinks. Steering is very direct, with good levels of feel. Engine is smooth, up until the last 500rpm or so (red line at 7k), when it starts to get pretty darn thrashy. Transmission wise, I've only sampled one 156 Selespeed before, and I thought this was a great improvement on that, although, having just stepped from a M3, the shift speeds were rather slow, in my opinion, but the smoothness of the full bore shifts were better than SMG2. Maybe cos I've got SMG2 on S5.

Oh, rear visibility sucks through that letter box slot of a rear window.

Looks. Man, it looks good. Parked head to tail with Martha, it made her look SO germanic. For better or for worse! I preferred the way the GT looked.

Now, if only it didn't have that Alfa badge, had a bigger engine, RWD and a 6 speed manual...

Still, MUCH MUCH better than any 4 pot 3 series... but it IS 270k OTR... Hmmm...

Thanks for your feedback, Necc! Didcha check if they're bringing in the 3.2 vee6 version and will that be available for test drive?

Via special order only. Thus I doubt it will be available for test drives.

Further thoughts;

I would never buy the GT, it is too effeminate. It would be ideal for a hot, young chick. Maybe a mistress. That would be something, no?

Sigh....too expensive for me....mistress,that is.keke :D

P.S. When's the next 4D draw? Better start buying........ :blink:

im pretty sure u can get it in 6-speed with the 3.2 V6. cant help u on the alfa debadging, tho. ;)

jpb, ive asked and the GT 3.2 V6 is on special order only. so no chance of a test drive. u cld test drive the GTA and superimpose the performance of that onto the handling and looks of the GT. :)

redd

Top Bottom