WTA - KW V2 Only for those who own it

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hanzo7979

Club Guest
Hi,Going to change my suspension soon :stupid:...before that, Just need an advices from everybody who has the experience in term of:-1. where did you get it? 2. where did you do the setting or the best workshop for setting it? (if different place from where you buy)3. how was your setting? Front and rear? in my case im using 18" wheels any advice for ideal setting?Thanks in advance for your input :top:

if i recall right, it was 3 turns from max for both front and back

Motorsport division brings in as well as installs.

Obermaier can install as well

Thanks Ryou for the info. By the way, where did you done your installation and setting?
I've been to MSD one of KW dealer as you said, but its made me think twice after they mention lack of experience :stupid:. Plus they will give me FOC on setting back after the sales. So my guess is, its gonna be try & error and they are not really familiar to set up on my UDM. Hrmm....

Please Bro's out there I know many of you have this one, kind to share and really appreciate it :wink:

Dear Hanzo,

Can I know who serve you during your visit to our shop? The suspension setting fro kw v2 is ideally pre set from the factory. Why we want to offer one time free setting is because the pre factory setting might not be what you like. Every driver define soft n hard differently. You can get advice from supergripen, I think we adjusted 3 times (once a week) for him. Once you install the suspension you have to drive it for a few days to feel it.

Supergripen's car is an e90 335 with 18 inch wheels too.

You can drop me a pm or contact me directly if you need more info.

I know one E92 335i using 2 turns from soft. He rempits too but mostly straights.. not the best setting for corners but he's running 19' and still very comfy, wife no complain.. like what Marco said, it's individual preference. There's no best of both world, you are either here, there, or in the middle, but never at both places, the same time.

hanzo, I didn't install my kw v2 at msd, but my installer also provided one foc adjustment service....

It was provided also because it's hard to tell the eventual height of the suspension without running the car around for a while. It takes time for the springs to settle. Hence during the foc adjustment, they also balanced out the height of the 4 corners for me. As for stiff/hard adjustment, the front you can easily DIY, for the rears it'll depend on whether u can reach the top of the shocks on your car model.... mine is a e93 so is difficult to reach...

As for the adjustment, my installer started off with the KW recommended settings (for my e93 kw v2 model) - 8 clicks from hard in front and 6 behind. Then after running it for a while, I just adjusted the front till I was happy. Luckily for me, the rears were pretty much the right setting. It's not rocket science and frankly, my ideal setting might not suit the next person, so there is nothing wrong with trial and error to achieve what you want. In fact that's the beauty of having adjustable coilovers, so that you can tweak till you are happy.... haha

Top Bottom