WTA: Best height sports spring for E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

reedoor

Club Guest
Dear all E39 sifus,I'm currently on Bilstein B8 match with Sach sports spring n 19in wheel. My tyre to arch gap is1 finger. Other than using a coilover, any sifu using any sports spring that can achieve no gap?Thanks!!!

Bro mind posting picture of your ride height. 1 finger gap i think it's pretty good stance imo.

saw this at the Modified Car show in Bukit Jalil today :D

- - - Updated - - -

saw this at the Modified Car show in Bukit Jalil today :D

sorry for late reply. my car height is as below... & i wanna go a finger lower, both front & behind.

b5d6.jpg

Judging from the pic, the rear looks like it can squat a finger lower but the front looks like it can't be "fingered" no more. It looks perfect for the front imo.

What tire sizes are you on?

ur right bimmerholic, but looking at those who uses a adjustable, the height makes me tempting. hehe...
due to the offset, im only using 235 & 245.

IMHO, i think your front height and rear height ratio is a little off. Judging from the photo, your front should be almost 15mm higher. E39 fender height is very deceiving. when the car is level and balance, the rear fender is about 1 finger closer than the front. at thsi current setup, you will have a oversteer when you push into corners too hot. and lots of bump steer. too much weight to the front.

well in the end whether its the looks or the balance you aim for.. everyone is different. i am purely thinking from the brain.. and i can see from your car.. your are a passionate driver.. everything from the heart.. :)

i love that wheel.. i stil thnk E39 daily use should stick to 17. and keep it fat.. 45 series

+1 alan.....235/45/17 on mine......my car is generally lower to the ground compared to redoor's with no gap on the front and a slight gap at the back....making it terjongket a bit.....

haha... bro alantiong, u r right. i mod my car from the heart most of the time & yea, i do think about the balance, but seldom. probably i should get rid of my rear suspension now & get a pair of new B8.

Bro moots, any photo of ur ride? :)

Top Bottom