worn out tyre..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

apend

Club Guest
my e90 325i tyre worn out badly..need to change..what is the price for nowadays from respected maker??using Pirelli RFT 225/45/17..is there any recommended tyre by all sifus here??

FIRZ67;708476 said:
Try the Good Year F1 Assymetric 2, very good review.

I'm on GY F1 A2. nice donuts.not as stiff as RFTs though. braking distance is reduced.
550/pc for above mentioned size,slightly cheaper than Michelin PS3 (close to 600/pc)
And the GYF1A2 are made in Germany tires.

thanx all for your suggestion..actually,this is my first time changing tyres..so, how bout spare tyre?? are all of you modified for the tyre space as it is not RFT type??

got myself a space saver spare tyre.now it is fixed on the trunk cargo since no more running on rfts.
don't want to take any chances as I've had numerous flat/punctured tyre incidents.

Where did you buy the space saver tyre bro? U just leave it in the boot instead of the below boot compartment?

Leonard LIM;709606 said:
Where did you buy the space saver tyre bro? U just leave it in the boot instead of the below boot compartment?

There's a proper part number for the space saver kit for E90 from BMW,might cost 1.5k. includes the bag,strapdown,and jacks.
Or you can get from the tyre shops selling general ones, for slightly more than 1k.
I got mine from an e46 spare tyre,and i tied it on the boot compartment.does the job so far although i need to sacrifice a little boot space.

Just changed to GYF1 A2. Compared to my previous rft Pirelli P Zero, they are certainly much softer and takes the edge out of rft. Braking is stronger and so far very happy with it. Defininately a good recommendation especially at that price point. In fact in a recent test by evo magazine, it came number three after CSC 3 and Hankook.

I will change my rear tyres once those Pirellis have worn out. Now I am hunting for puncture kits. Lol!

Hikaru;709676 said:
Just changed to GYF1 A2. Compared to my previous rft Pirelli P Zero, they are certainly much softer and takes the edge out of rft. Braking is stronger and so far very happy with it. Defininately a good recommendation especially at that price point. In fact in a recent test by evo magazine, it came number three after CSC 3 and Hankook.

I will change my rear tyres once those Pirellis have worn out. Now I am hunting for puncture kits. Lol!

Do share what tyre puncture kit u end up opting for :)

I end up going for slime smart spair kit http://www.slime.com/shop/smart-spair-15-minute-emergency-tire-repair-ss-pdq06/

Got it from Ace hardware at mid valley. A bit pricier than what the other fellow forumer have reported but I tried their contact and there was no response.

The reason why I choose slime was because after using it, it can be washed away with water only. Other like "fix-a-flat" would require alcohol based cleaner to clean up after using it even though it is a neat solution wit only one can to deal with. Check out these youtube clip: -

- how the tyre look like after slime kit is used.

[video=youtube;46EChq5sGck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46EChq5sGck[/video]

- these two guys tested the slime kit. It seems like once the slime is pumped in, it can seal new punctures too.

[video=youtube;eAox9Yl9a4Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAox9Yl9a4Y[/video]

Also I get a free air pump which I can use on my car or my wife's car and saves me the trouble of visiting petrol station :). How long these air pumps will last is yet to be seen.

Now I can use non-rft with some peace of mind.

Top Bottom