Workshop in Penang

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jaslim

Club Guest
Can anyone suggest any BMW workshop around penang besides Chu Seng. He is overcharging and poor service. Thanks

zf auto..the best for me in penang..i m every week day lepak..

u can sms me if u need direction 017.401.5724

Welcome to the forum. Do get in touch with the Penang chaps during their TTs. Lots of info available from them...

Workshop in Penang

I just read your post hope not too late to reply
ZF workshop u need really careful,the service and the
PR is very good,don't fall into the trap.
The minor service everywhere can do it but when come
problems(major service),don't panic direct go to
KA Auto-no service.but he can solve whatever problem
with minimum cost.
Keep the RESIT for all your parts replace by the ZF than compare to
to KA Auto than you will know the different.
Remark:don't trust it's Diagnostic Machine-is totally out spec
and can't scan at all.

Ac Synitzer;782153 said:
I just read your post hope not too late to reply
ZF workshop u need really careful,the service and the
PR is very good,don't fall into the trap.
The minor service everywhere can do it but when come
problems(major service),don't panic direct go to
KA Auto-no service.but he can solve whatever problem
with minimum cost.
Keep the RESIT for all your parts replace by the ZF than compare to
to KA Auto than you will know the different.
Remark:don't trust it's Diagnostic Machine-is totally out spec
and can't scan at all.

Not backing up ZF or what so ever, but if i'm not mistaken, ZF is using Autologic which IMHO, quite a good diagnostic tool.
They do get live support by autologic UK since the r paying the licensing fee.
One of our member was quoted RM10k by Auto Bavaria to change all electronic modules on his E90 320d, but Autologic manage to solve the problem.
Although theres a long story before that la...

Since i'm staying in Sg Petani, i only took my car to 2 workshop.
1. Happy Motor
2. ZF Auto.
Both has their pro n con.

kby88:

what r the pro & con for Happy Motor? Which branch u refer to?
I know there is one in Ong Yi How, Raja Uda area.

From my dealings with Tan (ZF boss), he is quite a decent fellow. I have dealt with a lot of mechanics, and Tan is one of the better ones. No drama and less hassle. I would rather pay extra then deal with c*nts!

louiswaw;782283 said:
kby88:

what r the pro & con for Happy Motor? Which branch u refer to?
I know there is one in Ong Yi How, Raja Uda area.

last time i went to the 1 in jalan baru.
now i went to the raja uda 1 since it open.
For me la the pro n con as bellow
pro:
quite knowledgeable & good on the mechanical side
ah yaw is nice. easy to talk, discuss or ask anything.
reasonable price
con:
not so expert in software part/coding etc. normally they will use the general diagnostic tools. rarely use their only GT1.

so if normal mechanical thing, i'll go to happy since they r on the mainland. but if involve any electronic/software thing, i'll go zf because of the autologic =)

Just want to share my review of Happy Motor (Jalan Baru, Prai). I visited them last saturday morning due to my car has intermittent erratic idling and engine died subsequently.

They diagnose it with a wireless OBDII reader tool called "Launch" which I think it made in Taiwan. Never seen them use GT1. It came out as fuel trim error and the young boss is very sure that I should replace my Oil separator or CCV and it's related hosts. I was quoted RM 950 for the whole job by Poh Aik (young boss). We agreed and proceed.

Half way during dismantling, the foreman that is working on my car notice one host was missing (new hoses that is provided by Poh Aik was missing one) and told me that we're suppose to change 4 hoses not 3 only. Poh Aik had earlier passed to him 3 hoses + 1 oil separator. Later on Poh Aik came by and told me RM 950 does not include the other hose. I didn't feel good about this. I was expecting this place to be honest and not some hanky panky thing going on with the pricing. Spent RM1150 total for the job including a 2 hour labour cost of RM370! :motz:

The job completed and off i went. I didn't feel much improvement although the erratic idling stopped and no engine dying symptoms, however i still feel the erratic vibration during idle. I went back to Poh Aik after 2 hours and they couldn't diagnose what was wrong although there is a fault code, and kept mentioning that the oil separator replacement should solve the problem. I can also hear air hissing sound when you slightly throttle. Is that normal?

Overall I wasn't happy with the fix and definitely not satisfied with the pricing and it's my first time here.

wah..i feel u bro psykit.. im a regular at happy motor too and yeah agreed the labour charge seems to be a lil high sometimes.. time to source some other workshop .. any recommendation guys?

i also experienced that recently.
What i do now usually i'll take my car to HM, just to get their opinion so that i can compare.

the parts are okay i think , cos he knows we are club members and we can compare but the workmanship is getting higher.. but since is bout 5mins away from my hse really no choice..

Bro kby88, you mean ZF?

Been to Happy Motor for the first time not too long ago with bro kby88 and feel that they should improve the cleanliness and facility (unpaved pathway) for their customers and their machines. Though I know my machine is just an old junk.. :(

The boss can chat but a lot of BS. To solve my problem he even recommended Wurth cleaner products. For the benefit of doubt i spent the dough for him to proof it, wrong decision and the bottle of cleaner did nothing.

What we need is a experienced and technical foreman that fixes our issues and then later on can chat chat or BS as much as you want.

Any other good workshops in PG? I'm from PG but dunno much about Bimmer workshops *paiseh* :p as I have been happily servicing and repairing my car at Ipoh. Top service, cleanliness, modern facilities (GT1 every time), computerized billing and not to forget, solve my problems every time and better pricing than PG even you calculated your toll, petrol and breakfast & lunch. Yes, you hear that right.

Just this time I am exploring more of PG workshops due to time constraints but this one really caught me in surprise.

Top Bottom