window sound....crake crake crake...tok tok tok...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

piea

Club Guest
my ride e46 318i that front 2 window when driving at unplainly road will come out crake crake ckare...sound...so noisy like driving the old car.but when i put down then window abit that sound gone...any 1 give some suggest which parts problem.that sound make me so confuse.

do your front windows goes down and up smoothly?

is your rubber seal harden? You can try to use silicon grease to reduce the sound by applying on the area
where the glass touch the rubber seal. apply grease will also help to reduce friction during winding down or up.

cable will snap anytime soon... this sound was evident on my rear passenger window... found out that the plastic that winds the cable are already badly worn... the sound your hearing are the "wounded" cable.

When the window is up 100% the only thing that is holding it is the cables and the regulator... do open the door cover and inspect your power window regulator as well as cables ... this is the main culprit...

refer here for more clear idea of things you need to check... in other case...

There is also an isolated problem like jarance saying about the hardened rubber (usually located on the exterior of the car)

due to long period under the sun it will develop this problem... :)

out of that two problem i dont think anything else might be the problem...

the diagram of driver door:

check no 4 for wires and regulator and 5 for rubber hardness...
23.png

\\P/S: do intro yourself to the newbie section... this will help a lot especially in ur car model and such :)

good luck :p

the window is working normally.i also try change the power window rail 1 side.but the problem still at here.

BMW engineers makes excellent engine, chassis and driving dynamics. But when it comes to the window regulator they suck big time lol

B33mEr;642695 said:
BMW engineers makes excellent engine, chassis and driving dynamics. But when it comes to the window regulator they suck big time lol

i thought everyone suck at it when it come to under the sun... :p

B33mEr;642695 said:

you mean proton as well? LOL

No such problem with the E36 though until they switch to "wire".

the wire is to make them lighter i guess jarance :p

still waiting for the piea response on this... not sure what was the culprit in the end...

hmmm i read from few other forum but still non conclusive... you go read more too...

here copied from bimmerfest:

I was struggling with the "window rattle" problem for years as well. I tried lubing the window seals with both gummifledge and 3M "Wet" Silicone Spray. Neither worked well. Had a bunch of window regulators replaced at the dealership too. Whenever I cracked the window open, the noise went away, so I figured it had to be a window seal.

Turns out the window rattle wasn't a window rattle at all, it was a dirty felt door seal and an unlubed plastic strip at the very top of the door / door frame. Who would have known?!

The following DIY was originally posted on bimmerfest.com:

The window rattle is dirty door seals.

Assuming you have a 4 door sedan, open the driver door and stand between it and the driver seat, facing the door.

At the top left corner of the door, running across and down towards the door hinge is a door seal with a felt edge. That is your culprit. Clean it and lubricate with Gummipflege.

Now turn to face the driver seat and clean the black metal strip that the door seal seals against when the door is closed. Lightly lubricate it also where the strip meets it when it is shut. That should do it.

I copied this off of the Bimmerfest site, I had the exact same problem it sounds like you are having. This absolutely worked a miracle for me. No more popping over bumps and at slow speeds. Instead of Gummipflege from the dealer I used Sil-Glyde from NAPA p/n 765-1351 for $4.88 a tube. About a 2/3 cheaper than Gummi.

Give this a try.

Aik no response??? i just cleaned mine... really GONE la all the creak creak sounds i heard before... i think when dirty the rubber rubs like hell...

xcrave;643849 said:
Aik no response??? i just cleaned mine... really GONE la all the creak creak sounds i heard before... i think when dirty the rubber rubs like hell...

what did you clean with?

bimmerholic;643945 said:
what did you clean with?

I just buy Generic rubber cleaner and power window restorer... i think its Armor All and Waxco? not really on the good brands, saw at Giant so i just try out if it really do stop the minor creaks when im driving in silent mode (can hear the door like creaking when going over uneven road...

Now its almost all gone just minor2 sound of door looseness left... that will be a different story... adjusting door tightness is next i guess...

Top Bottom