Wind Noice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

daan

Club Guest
A few questions for the sifus1. i can hear wind noice from the windows when me speed exceed 100km/hr, is the normal or my rubber gasket gone? I applied Autoglyn Rubber and vinyl protector already, doesn't seems to help. Mine is a jap. spec 01 318i .2. When i switch on the aircon, there's some hissing sound, it sounded to me to eb the expansion valve, is it normal for it to be in a db level that human can hear?3. When i switch off the car, i can hear some fluid flow sond, it sounded like following back to a resouvior or a vessel, normal kah?4. When i wswitch off the car and when the temperature guage deflect back to C position, there are lound gear nocies but not for the other gauges, what coponent do i need to change?5. WHere can i get black color kidney grill? mine is met. black so maybe black will look cool.THanks for your help in advance.

I do also have this winding noise on my passenger side when reach 100kmh but just ignore with the audio...

mine is 325Ci Uk Spec

if you find the solution pls let me know?

Thanks

It seems to be a common problem than. Any Sifu have any input in this?

I know Honda Accord have this problem on the driver side, never know that the German's r having the same problem.

once a while i can hear the outside sound n wind sound from my (driver side) side

aikss

also windows rattling sound :(

To clear the issue of side mirror, i'll do a DOE (Design of Experiment) of which i'll i'll deflect the side mirror.

I'll post outcome of DOE after i've completion.

I have tried folding the side mirror and drove up to 140 km - not much diffrence.

I guess the rubber seal on the door/windows frame start to deteriorate...most of us having similiar problem due to CBU ride..not really tropicalized for our country...should comfirm with those CKD owner..if thy r having the same problem ..then can classified it under wear & tear...if not perhaps blame it on the tropicalize then..But if say CKD ride has been tropicalized for our country, which I don't really think so..bcause, my previous CKD E36 also got wind noise too after driving above 85km & the dashboard slightly deformed due to parking under heat..then how do one explain the tropicalized issue?..jst my 2 sen opinion :huh:

Originally posted by leakwoon@Apr 3 2006, 05:12 PM
bro..mine is ckd....

wonder anyone changed the rubber seal lining b4??

cost??

tq
For the price of rubber linings, I would rather spend it on some sound proofing on the door - I used Wurth.

Works great, car is very quiet.

e46 is already very quiet. IMO, there is no need for extra sound proofing. Wind noise is a common problem on all e46. The rubber sealing around the door is deterioting...Even the new e90 has wind noise above 140....

Ok, results of my DOE.

Temperature: 27C
Road condition: Dry
Distance covered: 500 meter
Speed : 100km/hr

Control run with side mirror extended.
Results: Wind noise audioble.

Test run with side mirror folded.
Results: Wind noise audioble

Consulsion:
The results indicate that with the information made available during the analysis of the experomental results, the experiment seems to suggest that side mirro may not be the determining factor for wind noice.

Originally posted by Ade@Apr 3 2006, 11:27 PM
it sux...but what to do....even a camry is quieter...
Brother,

I will get it big time this time. One of my firend got a camry, when i seat in the car, i told him his sound insulation sucks (road noice to be excact" and that he should have bought a bm with far superior sound insulation.

The next time he seats in my car, i'm driving below 100.. :eek:

i think camry is darnnn quiet la

never have chance to sit in one cruising at 140 n above yet

Windnoise is hard to quantify using keyboard. It needs to be experienced in person.

I propose we all meet up, compare rides, and share soundproofing experience and tips.

How about a 'windnoise TT'?

(If someone can bring along a Camry, this would be useful to settle this side-debate.)

Are you guys game?

Top Bottom