White smoke coming out from exhaust

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

stormhunt3r

Club Guest
guys, need some comments here, i'm facing this problem, white smoke is coming out from the exhaust, asked my mechanic and he say that the engine is burning the engine oil (makan minyak hitam)..something to do with the internal of the engine..has anyone faced this problem?fyi, i got this car from another forumer and he did a top overhaul last year. So i suppose overhauling should be out of the picture, am i rite? is there any chances of that?besides, i'm using a 15W/40 engine oil..will it be too thin for my engine?advice needed herecheers

stormhunt3r;229207 said:
guys, need some comments here, i'm facing this problem, white smoke is coming out from the exhaust, asked my mechanic and he say that the engine is burning the engine oil (makan minyak hitam)..something to do with the internal of the engine..

has anyone faced this problem?

fyi, i got this car from another forumer and he did a top overhaul last year. So i suppose overhauling should be out of the picture, am i rite? is there any chances of that?

besides, i'm using a 15W/40 engine oil..will it be too thin for my engine?

advice needed here

cheers

Could be your valve seal or worst piston ring ..................

Iqlima;229218 said:
Could be your valve seal or worst piston ring ..................

Agreed with Iqlima as this happened to my E39 previously and the valve seals need to be changed

my experience of white smoke both M20B25 and M52B28....air leakage.

The M52B28i got me so worried when I when driving in Sepang track. The engine runs sluggish , bad idling and spurting a lot of white smoke.
Found out that one of the nut in Vanos housing went missing.

My Yellow Submarine also scared the sh.it out of me....was having a drive,whacking corners in the middle of the night. The car dies off...(as Strat) restart it....white smoke!!?? Went to my mech the next morning....ahak!!! Its my dipstick that popped out!

As for your car...please go get a second opinions. Get it check again by anuder mechanics.

cheers.

Zoggee;229254 said:
my experience of white smoke both M20B25 and M52B28....air leakage.

Went to my mech the next morning....ahak!!! Its my dipstick that popped out!

See, see, who ask you to drift and whack your Yellow Submarine so much until the dipstick can pop out?:eek:

Hope your mech did not charge you anything for that diagnose....:D :D

flash;229353 said:
See, see, who ask you to drift and whack your Yellow Submarine so much until the dipstick can pop out?:eek:

Hope your mech did not charge you anything for that diagnose....:D :D

They didnt charged a cent.

ok..how much would that be to replace the valve seal?
FYI, the previous owner juz did a top overhaul at 17/5/2006. So, could it still be the problem with the valve seal?

I think the higher possibility for the cause is the vacuum hose as most of the hose in the engine compartment needs replacement as many are cracked and according to my mechanic, the hoses aren't installed correctly.

All i notice is the white smoke, the rest are normal...idling is normal, fuel consumption is normal, didn't feel any diff in the car..

zoggee, do u have any recommendation for this?
my mechanic oni tells me that it might be the valve seal and needed a overhaul (which i'm not prepared for)..

cheers

Does valve seal leakage (developing tiny holes I heard) only developed after high mileage? cwk_ipoh, what was your E39's approx mileage when you had to do the valve seal replacement?

Dipstick pops out!! Wow, must be too much pressure down there at the bottom of engine and the crankcase ventilation valve can't release it soon enough?

viewfinder;231007 said:
Does valve seal leakage (developing tiny holes I heard) only developed after high mileage? cwk_ipoh, what was your E39's approx mileage when you had to do the valve seal replacement?

Dipstick pops out!! Wow, must be too much pressure down there at the bottom of engine and the crankcase ventilation valve can't release it soon enough?

haha...popout not becos of presure. Its becos my AFM casing is too close to the dipstick. Very close. When I revs ,they virtualy touched. my bad....must be the hard right and left turn that caused it.

Top Bottom