Which would one prefer?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Daniel

Club Guest
For arguments sake, let's put in our 2 cents on this topic.If you had to only choose ONLY one of these options for your car, which route would you go and why.Feel free to chip in your idea on which would be the better option for 'Drive it as it's stolen' driving style. Of course, the better lap time the better too!Option 1) The unofficial best suspension kit for the E46, the Bilstein PSS9.Option 2) Any track based, but road legal semi-slick tire.Either rolling everywhere or staying flat while pushing crap tires into corners.

that's the thing,

only one component of the car is good, yet the other is only acceptable.

Originally posted by bmwsideways@May 11 2006, 06:14 PM
Can afford PSS9 definitely can afford good tyres...

pointless... :ph34r:
that's the whole idea, go read the 1st post again.

its a hypotical situation.

daniel .. depend on ur own driving style, whether u prefer understeer or oversteer ?

1) when u got a sport suspension (PSS9) with normal street compound tyres, ur car chracteristic wil b more to understeer ...

Braking point n handling wil play the roles ... if u brake too late even though ur car bodyroll not much .. but the front tyres loss traction n wil force u to run wide n out of ur racing line. so u must understand where is ur car Max n Min braking point, even u brake earlier dun mean ur laptimes wil b slow...
u brake earlier , u also can accelerate earlier in the middle of the apex . this type of driving style wil b more comfortable n easy to handle.

2) when u got a set of racing compound slick / semi slick tyres with standard suspension ... ur car characteristic wil b more to oversteering ...

everytime u brakes , ur car bodyroll wil b huge n like a snake ...even u got a set of racing compound tyres , the G-force wil kick u out of ur racing line, :nyehehe: then u wil fight like hell to keep the car on the track ...
this will also endanger others car behind u .. coz ppl dun know where exactly ur car wil go ...

for me i wil go for sport suspension coz the characteristic for UDM (rear wheel drive) already is Oversteer, if ur setting stil go for oversteer .. then track wil not suitable .. go to the carpark n do some drifting .. :D

just my 2 cents ... soli if i got mentioned anythings wrong

Top Bottom