Which Meguairs Liquid Wax

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wan520i

Club Guest
Does anyone tested these 2 products before? which is better? Which gives better shines? And which shines last longer? :confused: Which one shall I buy for DIY? your recommendation please. For info, my car just re-painted with black sapphire black. 1. NXT Generation Tech Wax:
NXTWAX.jpg
2. Gold Class:
GOLDCLASSWAX.jpg
THANK YOU !!!! :) More info about Meguairs Liquid wax: https://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Consumer%20(Meguiar's%20Brand)>Auto%20Paint%20Care>Car%20Waxes>Liquid%20Car%20Waxes&sectionID=11501

Most of the bigger Parkson carry it.

Gurmey Plaza if ur in Penang.

Subang Parade in KL.

Their discounts during sale used to be very good...20%. Nowadays only give 10%.

Alternatively u can get it at Carrefor Spore( Suntech City), the prices there r even better.

As for myself I hv used Gold Class and found it very good. Never tried Nxt. Good Luck.

anxious,

Does Gold Class shines last long? how often you wax your car using it?

Thanks.

I am not very diligent when it comes to waxing. A couple of times a yr. I am not much into shinning but more for protection.

NXT is for light colored cars and Gold is for dark colors....

Both are very good wax but they are just wax....no cleaning agent whatsoever....very good shine as well...but they are just priced way too high in M'sia...

What about car polishes? Any recommendations from the Meguiar's range for a black car specifically? Preferably something that will give my ride the "show car shine" effect. Thanks. :)

I got a tip last time....been using Color X then NXT...car looks good as ever...remember to get the microfiber clothes....

Which polish will give a better shine or lasts longer?

This:

product_M0716.jpg

Or this:

product_A2116.jpg

Or are there any better ones out in the market? (in terms of shine). Thanks guys!

Funny, I was just reading the Meguairs brochure today on all their products. Landed up spending RM180-00 on mitts, microfiber, NXT shampoo and Quik Detailer. I was told the Gold Shine lasts longer by a Meguiars vendor but I opted for NXT cos that synthetic polymer-based treatment gives it a helluva first class shine and yet it's supposed to be friendlier on the paint, so its good for claying + polish routines.

You seem to show products meant for different purpose. Deep Crystal Polish is a polishing material, not wax.

DolCeAddicT;210952 said:
Which polish will give a better shine or lasts longer?

This:

Or this:

product_A2116.jpg

Or are there any better ones out in the market? (in terms of shine). Thanks guys!

Juan Powerblow, did the vendor say Gold class shine last longer than NXT, but NXT provide more shine than Gold class?

viewfinder;210959 said:
You seem to show products meant for different purpose. Deep Crystal Polish is a polishing material, not wax.

I'm actually looking for a good polish for my ride, the two products that i posted in my previous post are both polishes if i've not mistaken. :) Anyone has any idea which one gives a better shine and lasts longer?

DolCeAddicT,

let's allow Wan520i the chance to discuss the topic of the thread he started, which is Wax.

Might be a good idea for you to ask your questions in another thread talking about Polish. Why not start your own thread w your question, just like Wan did?

Thanks ya..

I've been using the Gold Class Wax... I think its the best, good protection and equally good shine.... and seriously, I dun think you would be abe to tell the difference of the shine between the Gold Class and NXT.... So, if you want good protection, go for the Gold Class....

just my 2 cents worth....

Oops...really sorry for the 'hijacking' and questions about polishes. :) Back to the original topic, guys. :)

I've used both Gold Class and NXT, and I prefer the NXT because its so much easier to apply and take off. Gold Class is tougher to buff off and leaves a lot of power residue. Also if you kena the black plastic bits, the Gold Class wax will leave its smear on it. NXT is better in this area. Remember to do surface prep by claying before waxing. Else you'll see spots of dark patches after you've buffed off the wax. Also I believe you can layer NXT but not Gold Class as Gold Class is a cleaner wax (strips the coat below when applying a new one on top) while NXT not so much of a cleaner wax.

Once you have done NXT, use Autoglym EGP as the final sealant layer on top to give the wet look ;). Its also great on the smooth surface black bits like wiper holders, B pillar door frame, wing mirror black plastic etc.

Are you guys seriously waxing your cars yourselves? By hand?

Wow. I am impressed by the dedication.

Very helpful post, e46fanatic. Just wondering, do you guys buff off the wax by hand, or do you use a polishing tool/random orbiter? Got me thinking about waxing the car myself...

dedicated diy wud usually know that gold class wax is not a cleaner wax and how layering works for both gold class wax and nxt... and EGP on top????!!

**sigh**

Top Bottom