Which light bulb should I choose?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Astronyu

Club Guest
Sorry to ask here but it seems appropriate.Among these type of bulbs, which one can be used on pre-lci e60?I mean for front main bulb. My light seems to be a bit dim, it would helps to use something brighter.H1H3H4H7H11HB3HB4

These are all filament bulb of the same illumination concept. the difference in coding due to different size and different mounting for different mounting light design. Hence when it comes to brightness, they are all the same depending on their watts. Bear in mind that the higher the watt, the brighter, consume more energy, higher load to the battery and alternator, of course the heat it generates too, which is very damaging to your reflector and the polycarbonate lamp cover.

Your headlight should be type D1S, high efficiency Xenon bulb system.

Your question is like asking which rim to fit into your car so the car more horse power, the 5 lug or 4 lug wheel?

not all the are the same. if yours is halogen type, then you have to use H7.

Try changing to other brand for brighter illumination

halogen H7
h7.gif

HID/Xenon
HIDBulb1aa.jpg

astroboy;759412 said:
These are all filament bulb of the same illumination concept. the difference in coding due to different size and different mounting for different mounting light design. Hence when it comes to brightness, they are all the same depending on their watts. Bear in mind that the higher the watt, the brighter, consume more energy, higher load to the battery and alternator, of course the heat it generates too, which is very damaging to your reflector and the polycarbonate lamp cover.

Your headlight should be type D1S, high efficiency Xenon bulb system.

Your question is like asking which rim to fit into your car so the car more horse power, the 5 lug or 4 lug wheel?

No, not really like finding a wheel. I just want to know alternative bulb that I can use for my car.

jarance;759417 said:
not all the are the same. if yours is halogen type, then you have to use H7.

Try changing to other brand for brighter illumination

halogen H7
h7.gif

HID/Xenon
HIDBulb1aa.jpg

I think mine is halogen type, so might go for H7.
THanks jarance.

astronyu,
sorry to have to agree with astroboy.
You can't just choose or even ask any bulb here as the socket is fixed by BMW at factory. Unless you have changed the original headlamps (if you are looking for headlight bulbs that is).

(edited) Note:you are asking for headlamps so the question I think is for the the high beam bulb not the main xenon.right?

Not sure for E60 but for most BMW models (other makes as well) the high beam are normally H7.
You can't choose other types unless it has been modified (very unlikely).

Even for the fog lamps, you are can only choose the similar type originally fitted.
Yes wattage can vary. If you ask for wattage then maybe you have a valid question here.

No offense buddy.

Cheers..

Bro,

If your intention is to get a brighter bulb, then you may go for higher Kelvin scale say around 6000k. But please do make sure the lamps are properly align so as not to blind the oncoming traffic :p

H1, H3, H7, 9006, etc are the type of fitments of bulbs. If you are lamps are using H7 then you need to get H7. It's like you trying to buy AA batteries and trying to fit on AAA battery slots - it just won't work. Therefore, you cannot buy some other fitment and put into a H7 fitment, it totally won't fit or might require modifications. If you want something brighter, just find out what your original fitment is and go for after market bulbs like Philips, PIAA, etc. There are also aftermarket retrofit HID kits around.

Good luck :)

Top Bottom