Where to diagnose car?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bishop

Club Guest
I'm buying a CKD 99 523i from a dealer. I want get it diagnose before I purchase the car. Where is a realiable place/workshop that I can get that done? As this is my first BMW, obviously I don't have a mechanic that does bimmers. The getting the car from Imbi Motors in KL. I have read the list of workshops in the forum, there just seems to be so many of them. Don't know where to start. Just need a realiable and professional workshop to get it diagnosed.Any advise would be great..

Originally posted by Bishop@Apr 12 2005, 07:28 PM
I'm buying a CKD 99 523i from a dealer. I want get it diagnose before I purchase the car. Where is a realiable place/workshop that I can get that done? As this is my first BMW, obviously I don't have a mechanic that does bimmers.

The getting the car from Imbi Motors in KL.

I have read the list of workshops in the forum, there just seems to be so many of them. Don't know where to start. Just need a realiable and professional workshop to get it diagnosed.

Any advise would be great.

When you say diagnosed, do you mean with modic or just want to have an inspection of the general part for wear and tear.

With modic, all faults are registered in the car ecu (Brain of the car) until they are reset.

Yes there are many workshop but look for the more reputable one. Avoid the workshop that have an infamous reputation. Choose one that is near your office or home.

i tried heritage at old klang road when i wanted to get my car checked.

the normal wear and tear they check it for free.

the modic test they charge rm50.

Bro... its a 100 buckaroos .... in Auto Bavaria .

They do a complete check and list out the wear and tear items to be replaced.

They will quote the cost too. As their pricing is expensive ... u can use this to get discount from dealer . Half of the cost or something .

Then go do outside la ..

cheers :D

Bro three28, Do AB take in Grey import/Recon cars for diagnose ? 1 samesman from Sg. Besi AB told me they wont take any cars not form AB ?

Originally posted by three28@Apr 13 2005, 09:09 AM
Bro... its a 100 buckaroos .... in Auto Bavaria .

They do a complete check and list out the wear and tear items to be replaced.

They will quote the cost too. As their pricing is expensive ... u can use this to get discount from dealer . Half of the cost or something .

Then go do outside la ..

cheers :D
328, RM100 by Autobavaria? Will they check out all cars?

Bishop, how much did you pay for the wheels? Cheers.

WJ

Bishop, how much did you pay for the wheels? Cheers.

Still looking. but interested in one at RM153k. Still neg.

Eerrmmmm.... a dumbass question, Where is the AB workshop?

Bishop,

Either at Glenmarie, Sg Besi or Segambut.

Feisalduzl,

Nice pics of all the 5 series. But it would be total complete with the e12. :)

Top Bottom