Where they put the fm booster?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wang

Club Guest
Hi all E60 sifu,My current ride was 525i msport japan spec.i can listen local station without actual frequency.i guess alr added fm booster.I dunno where the previous owner put the fm booster.i cannot find it behind the radio even taking out the whole radio.and also been check at rear boot at navigation area.nothing found.any other place to keep it?can it added behind ccc?Or any other way they boost the antenna?like added extra antenna?I want to take it out because i cannot get actual local station frequency after i done coding.which mean i can get all the local station like local spec.I can get all the radio station name at my idrive,but the frequency is different.causes sometime no clear while car motion.(example 9.29 is 1.037 / 1.018 is 9.89) i think is booster problem so its added 20-30 frequency.Regards.

If u r planning to do coding, I wonder why you have not thought to ask that guy to remove it for you..

thule;684496 said:
If u r planning to do coding, I wonder why you have not thought to ask that guy to remove it for you..

The guy only do coding,club guest forumer also.maybe u should know who i mentioned.hehe...

And i find accesories shop to remove existing booster,but unfortunately they couldnt find it.

Any pro accessories shop to recomend for checking?

Alex bro,do u have any regular accessories shop recommend? Good in bmw...

hi all, i found out the booster at my antenna area which info by Princevick. and i removed it myself this morning.

now i can get very clear & actual fm frequency alr.

thanks bro princevick, cheers...

wang;685831 said:
hi all, i found out the booster at my antenna area which info by Princevick. and i removed it myself this morning.

now i can get very clear & actual fm frequency alr.

thanks bro princevick, cheers...
Bro Wang, was it a simple job?? So actually where is the antenna located?

Bro, its very simple job.

The antenna is located at beside the 3rd brake light. Open the roof cover for 3rd brake light then you will see it.

wang;685887 said:
Bro, its very simple job.

The antenna is located at beside the 3rd brake light. Open the roof cover for 3rd brake light then you will see it.

Thk u very much bro!

Hi, I remove the 3rd brake light cover, but cannot see the booster, how does it look like?

harry_7;687029 said:
Manage to locate my booster, it hide in behind the ccc unit...

oic,ccc unit have any antenna cable? or its radio?

Just a radio connected to an antenna cable...the fm booster was at the middle of radio and antenna cable. Need to cut out the fm booster and re-join back the antenna cable and directly plug into the radio.

harry_7;687193 said:
Just a radio connected to an antenna cable...the fm booster was at the middle of radio and antenna cable. Need to cut out the fm booster and re-join back the antenna cable and directly plug into the radio.

Bro,which mean is behind radio & not ccc lo...hehe

Top Bottom