where can I drill the brake ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
IMO driliing your standard discs is a no-no. Been there and done that before. Drilling will definitely weaken the disc. The braking distance did not improve significantly after I did that and it wore down my pads faster.

I think the BMW brakes are already very good in its standard form for road use. But for track use, well, that is another matter.

whoaa....I already changed my mind :)

I won't go for braided hoses as there a case a brake failure if we use the cheap braided hoses...that one will easily cracked....

For the moment I'll stick to OEM bmw hoses.

The old discs.....it's not just the sepang outing..but maybe of my tendency to always attack nice corners at putrajaya at high speed........well ....I pais the consequences of doing that...btw e34 is solid tank when attacking corners.

Well thanks a lot..maybe I'll find 525 front discs first...for the current moment..I'll use the current one....have to brake early......

Why not upgrade to the E32 disc & calipers. Also chg the master cylinder to d larger ones. You will definately feel a huge difference.
SS Hoses you should use the BF Goodrich ones. Really good & track proven.

Originally posted by Alvin@Jun 2 2005, 04:27 PM
Why not upgrade to the E32 disc & calipers. Also chg the master cylinder to d larger ones. You will definately feel a huge difference.
SS Hoses you should use the BF Goodrich ones. Really good & track proven.
BF Goodrich is tyre brand lah, how to fit??? hehehe

I think you mean Goodridge.

If you want to upgrade to E32 calipers & discs, make sure they are from 740i and not 730i - the 730i is the same as E34 525i.

bazet,

lemme drill ur head instead :D
if u drill ur disk, if the disk material is hard/brittle, its gonna hv hairline crack. these cracks will expand over time as heat created during braking will expand the disk material ie the hairline crack. so ur holes soon be bigger cracks over time and the disk will disintegrate into pcs...imagine this happen when u really need ur brake the most .... :eek:

some factory made drilled disk oso got cracked line on the disk over time. i suggest u read/search on this topic and make ur decision. i personally wud go for the slotted type disk if i wann change my oe disk. at least less chance for it to disintegrate. imo the best is still get a good caliper(6pot), brake fluid, bigger brake cylinder upgrade.

my 2 kupang.

He heh... i know where I can source e32 brakes..at dengkil chop shop..last time I saw 2 wrecked e32 there....

Actually i'm jealous seeing my boss S class mercedes got drilled brake disc from factory...

If the holes & grooves are cast onto the disc during production, it is less prone to cracking. The ones that Zentrum is selling, are this type.
Cross-drilling after the disc is cast, will increase the stress points around the holes.

In any case, holes & grooves don't help you stop faster. They will improve heat dissipation and minimize brake fade but makes little or no diff. on braking distance. Bigger calipers & higher friction pads will make a big diff.

Ka-ching ! My 2 cents .... :)

Bazet,

1.Drain and replace ALL of your brake fluid.
2.Check/replace the 1-way vacum valve attached to the hose on the master brake pump.
3. Steel-braided hoses are a neccessary evil....
4. Replace all the pads (frnt and rear) as they may have been glazed!

Even if you go the e32 way, still try the above......but above all, slow in fast out lar brudder!

And for the record NEVER EVER DRILL your discs! all the afore mention facts have been stated.

goshh... what was that kevster,.. you know for us gals, sewing a dress seems much more easier (i mean just pick up at starhill or isetan :p )

Top Bottom