Wheel Alignment and Balancing after 2k and 10k milleage??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

enJINer

Club Guest
Hi guys,i'm newbie here. just few seconds add up my nick on the e90 forummer list.i need to get opinions from all sifus here. Do you think it is necessary to do wheel alignment and balancing after the car reaching 2k milleage? if i'm not mistaken, it is normal for other car to do alignment and balancing after reached 2k milleage.i'm not doing it since i do not feel anything wrong with the handling or experience any vibration. but, i'm a bit concern on the wearing of the tyre if the alignment is out. u can't feel the alignment is out if it is just a little bit. but, it if it is balancing issue you can immediately feel the vibration.how frequent we should do the alignment and balancing? i hope can get feedback from all grandmaster of bimmers here.cheers

The issue here is do u trust SC in their alignment job? I DON'T! Best go to an independent alignment shop to just take your reading. I am an victim of off spec alignment job done on my new car and almost cost me a rear tyre!

Agree. The SCs are not experts in tyre matters. A good outside tyre shop the likes of Lim Tayar will know more.

Sigh..Just reminded me that i've not checked my tyre pressure, or balancing or alignment for x period.... :(

racheltoh;482613 said:
Sigh..Just reminded me that i've not checked my tyre pressure, or balancing or alignment for x period.... :(

Alo! your front tyres' were because too much spirited drive to Genting in your frequent attempts to hunt down those Sentra limos.. :listen: :D Your soft compound RFT couldn't stand a chance against those 185/60R14 Goodyear on those Sentras when it comes to such kind of abusive drive! Yes, with that many spirited drives, frequent tyre pressure monitoring is crucial due to the high number of heat/cool cycles. I was being stereotyping on my previous advice given to u. My mistake of under estimated u.. :p

hi guys,

thanks for the feedback received. i think i need to check the wheel alignment and balancing on next service. my car is going to reach 10k milleage in next couple of week. i haven't done any alignment or balancing so far.

but, just want to know, what is the cost to do wheel balancing and alignment in SC. if i'm not mistaken, the salesman told me that it cost us RM380 to do complete alignment and balancing... that's S**T.. bloody expensive ... we can do alignment and balancing at normal tyre shop at less than RM50.

any recommendation guys, should i do it at SC or at other type shop.

IMO, a good tyre shop will suffice. A good one will charge about RM32 for balancing and RM48 for alignment, RM80 in total. Unless you have a problem which off-wheel balancing can't solve, you don't even need to go for on-wheel balancing which will cost you RM60 itself.

thanks bro schwepps ... so nobody here went to SC for alignment and balancing, i'm surprised the charge was bloody expensive for that simple job.
on-wheel balancing is good if your rim no good anymore.. i meant 'gelong' how to say it in english :) but you still want to use it.
anyway, will send my car for alignment and balancing next week to check.

Top Bottom