What's the difference between the different BMW dealers?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Artelier

Club Guest
Was having a chat with my friend on cars in general and he said that the Quill showroom was really good looking. Me not knowing much, I found out then that Quill is a BMW dealer. In my mind, it has always been Auto Bavaria and only Auto Bavaria, but I found out that Quill, Ingress and Sapura (on top of other dealers) exist.I'm utterly clueless about the difference between them though. A dealer is a dealer right? Does it matter where you get your BMW (or any other car) from? I mean, would, say, Auto Bavaria be a better place to get a new BMW as opposed to Ingress? Would you get a better price? Is it perhaps the ambience that makes a difference? Does it even matter so long as you get a good salesperson?Was just wondering. Please be patient with me, I'm a total noob at cars. I hope to get a nice BMW someday though so I thought I'd start learning about the particulars now. :)

I think pricing is controlled by BMW Malaysia but the various dealers may throw in sweeteners.

Recently there were ads of iPods and Macbooks with purchases of cars. Not sure if all dealers were offering that or only some of them.

Other things to consider - location of the dealership/service centre. This may be a consideration when it comes to the time to send the car in for servicing etc.

Ultimately though, it probably falls down to what you say about the quality of the service (salespersons, service centre) etc. Some people make you feel more welcome and genuinely interested in your purchase than others.

Good luck!

My dealer told me it is always better to go newly opened dealers for servicing because newer dealers have newer equipments, in this case, it will be Quill.

Thanks for the responses.

How about the salesperson involved? I've heard stories about people who apparently follow certain salespeople through the different dealers, as opposed to the dealer itself.

Don't know anyone personally that did it though, so I ask. :)

i think they are selling the same products, but the difference would be...who makes you feel like a king (valued customer) throughout the pre, during and post purchase...

NekoRacing;480407 said:
My dealer told me it is always better to go newly opened dealers for servicing because newer dealers have newer equipments, in this case, it will be Quill.

It's not just the equipments ... You have to consider the manpower too ... No point of having new equipments if you don't have the right people with the right experience to do the job.

All dealers must adhere to BMW Malaysia's quality standards, so they all are supposed to be equally good at servicing us.

From my experience with BMW dealers, the difference is after-sales service.

You buy same car from one manufacturer, but not same after-sales service.

NekoRacing;480407 said:

Apparently, you can buy car from AB (and vice-versa) and service your car in other authorised dealer. :love:

More dealers means keener competition.. If monopolised by only 1 dealer, then they will literally hold you by the balls... Cos like it or not, u have to go back to them for after sales service.
From what I know now, as long as u buy an official local BMW from any dealers, u can still send it to another dealer for service. Which is good to make sure that all dealers maintain their service quality to keep existing customers and attract new ones.

Selling a new car is just part of the story, recurring maintenance is also big money...

king82;480442 said:
i think they are selling the same products, but the difference would be...who makes you feel like a king (valued customer) throughout the pre, during and post purchase...

I agree with this ... try to search around which dealer won award on Customer Service.

jarance;487096 said:
Apparently, you can buy car from AB (and vice-versa) and service your car in other authorised dealer. :love:

Agree with you and just found out. Now the car I bought from SA send to AB for service. What some Malays say "Hati tak sakit"

Top Bottom