What ICE System for RM3000

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Another picture of the subwoofer assembly. It's nice and neat. The bass is great. You can feel the bass extensions. You can definately hear her plug her double bass each time and hear the exact twang as though it is the real thing. The capacitors and fuses are located below the assembly.

Another picture of the layout. The 8 monoblock crossovers, 1 active crossover etc are hidden behind the panel.

Another view.....the rearfield speakers are set at a much lower volume just to fill up the rear for the rear passengers. Can't hear it from the front.

This is the frontal shot. If you are seated on the driver's seat, the soundstage is perfect. The vocals appear to come right from the middle of the windscreen. The clarity is amazing. I can hear the rustle of the scores as they flip them before they start singing, their gasp for air between notes and every minute detail with absolute clarity. I find myself looking forward to traffic jams nowadays and blasting away. You can turn up the volume with absolutely no distortion. *poison****poison***poison**** :ph34r:

Lovely piece of work. You owe me an audition when I come up to KL soon, mate. He's using Blade amps and x-overs all round ? I'm curious to know what was the actual damage to the wallet. Very nice and neat install - a pro at work. Good choice WJ.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Vanquish@Apr 7 2005, 08:28 PM
Lovely piece of work. You owe me an audition when I come up to KL soon, mate. He's using Blade amps and x-overs all round ? I'm curious to know what was the actual damage to the wallet. Very nice and neat install - a pro at work. Good choice WJ.

Cheers.
Anytime buddy. Bring some of your fav CDs along :)

that's one heckof install..cant imagine what it'll sound like..
you're using the original head unit?
what brand of speakers are u using?

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Apr 7 2005, 11:57 PM
that's one heckof install..cant imagine what it'll sound like..
you're using the original head unit?
what brand of speakers are u using?
This may sound corny but the system sounds pretty natural. I am still using the original head so getting the best out that crappy thing really needs a professional audiophile. Holy Cole Trio sounds wonderful! You would just sit back and relax against the Double bass twangs as is Emi Fujita's soothing voice belting out Fields of Gold. Nothing is complete without Louis Armstrong's lows. I also did some auditions against my really old Jazz numbers by Bob James/David Sandborn's Maputo and the amazing guitars of Larry Carlton.

Currently using Oz tweeters and mid bass units but should be changing to PHD Firenzes as they perform better on the 250Hz to 750Hz range without cluttering the highs. I am thinking of adding that wonderful toy called the variable Bass extender to infinitely vary the lows to suit your soundtrack. Tempting at only RM850.

Lovely setup you've got there WJ for the price you are paying. :)

The bass extender is a no brainer.

r37720, you may want to check out Tehnichi, Their have a packages in the region of 3500, 5000, 7500 and upwards. but the best part is you are buying their tuning expertise. The owner of Tehnichi is a great guy.

If you need directions, call Pat for the map. Can quote my name. Pat can be contacted at 03-7783-9662

r37720,

for amp and sub, consider used units to get more from your budget.

(OT) nice system wj. saw the cut on that piece below the rear deck (to allow bass through)... sayang man... wouldn't that affect the chassis strength? should've got the w7 man (since already put in so much)... i loan you one 12" IDmax to try in your car... how? hehe

Originally posted by erica34@Apr 8 2005, 02:37 PM
r37720,

(OT) nice system wj. saw the cut on that piece below the rear deck (to allow bass through)... sayang man... wouldn't that affect the chassis strength? should've got the w7 man (since already put in so much)... i loan you one 12" IDmax to try in your car... how? hehe
Mine elek cut la...don't want to compromise chassis stiffness. Using existing holes. Just redid the rear parcel shelf.

WJ,

You'll love the sound of those Italian bellas. They are a lot smoother though lack a wee bit in mid bass but quite sure your JL's shud take care of that. The aim of a well set up SQ system is all about reproduction of music in the most natural way ... glad you've found it in your system. Plus, the E39 is an excellent ICE platform due to its inherent low levels of NVH and superbly built cabin.

Hardly surprising since one of the best ICE system that I have heard is also found in certain 540i down in SIN. Naka CD700 MKII HU, Audio Control EQT, Scanspeak Revelator mids and tweets, SEAS Lotus sub, a pair of Brax GE amps and MIT cables / wires all round provide true sonic bliss.

erica34 ... between the W7 and your IDMax, most folks that I know wud opt for the IDs. The W7 has a reputation for being hard to set up and sounding rather boomy. The IDs are a better best for SQ systems in my opinion.

P/S - WJ, for proper justice to be done, the stock HU has to go mate. You'll be surprised what further improvements a good quality HU will bring into your system.

Cheers.

You are correct. Those Italian Bellas are definately seducing. The tweeter and mid bass is just amazing (give it another session and you will discover that the Firenzes do produce an excellent degree of bass).

Given the existing damage against the kitty, I have decided to keep the original OZs as the 18db Bass variator just completed the entire range. The OZs aren't bad as well especially when Simon put his magic into them. I can even feel the bellows and the pipe organ CD just blew my ears drums silly.

I hate to lose the steering wheel control despite having sample the excellent Blaupunkt HU in his E39. It has the ability to vary a myriad of frequencies and its gains. Amazing machine but then again I am the armchair kind of chap who likes to press the MFS buttons.

I sampled a whole range of music today ranging from the extended version of Hotel California complete with the amazing guitar intro all the way to Placido Domingo's La Malaguena. This was followed by some Holy Cole Trio, Emi Fujita etc for vocal clarity. Somehow, I always get thrown back into the wrong generation again with Sixteen Guns by The Platters for the ultra low vocal chords and screams by Loius Armstrong. That little 18db device works wonders to suit the entire day's listening.

I never thought that I would get sucked into this ICE thing until last week. I confess that it is like the BHP highs that I used to get.

Tomorrow should be interesting as I will be auditioning a Hip-Hop bias setup at his place. Imagine SQ for Hip-Hop...... *boom*boom*boom* tight and fast boom booms.

Originally posted by erica34@Apr 8 2005, 02:37 PM
r37720,

I went to Technichi all the way from Melaka and take a look at wirelessjunkie system. Wow ... you guys are .....????? (speechless)..... willing to spend RM for this. Without being verbally racun by you all, I think I have to top up my budget now to RM4000 - RM500

Getting the second hand amp and sub is a good idea. Anybody can propose the shop.

Top Bottom