My new ICE set

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Well i do like ICE, but my golf set normally occupied the trunk..But "RACUN" in KK not to bad juga lah..who knows i'll upgrade kan.

Originally posted by Mont-o@Apr 15 2006, 03:11 PM
Bro..how much $$$ for complete set up like urs?
Almost RM4k.

Budget can be lower if you do not mind cutting cut some of your door panels which i didnt want. If you cut, then you can buy cheaper range speakers. Otherwise that stupid shallow space can accomodate very few speakers and i had to get the FOCAL slimfit speakers which cost a lot more.

Yesterday my friend fixed the alpine mini active sub under the front passenger seat at KF Audio. About 1k. BASS does not sound natural and needs tweaking on the adjustments. Have yet to hear it since.

steve...how much did the JL sub cost? do they have 10" there? not many ppl bring in JL subs here...tell me the model number...thanks

the model number of the JL Audio sub is 12W1v2.4 or 2.8 i dunno which is which. Anyway check it out at JL Audio's W1v2 Subwoofer Drivers

They do not have 10" JL Audio subs on display there. I was undecided between the FOCAL 10" sub and this JL Audio 12" sub for some time and they were kind enough to plug in and out a few times for me to test. Finally we all agree the 12" JL sounds better.

Amplifier & Subwoofer for sale

stephen;102440 said:
This can be a model set-up for E46 ICE for those who do not want drilling or cutting of door panels or rear parcel shelf like me. ;)

Stock set-up:
HU - BMW Business cassette................................... maintained
CD - BMW 6 Disc CD Changer (OEM Alpine)............. maintained
Fronts - BMW 5.25" Mids (OEM HAES Germany)....... now in store-room
BMW 1" Tweeter (OEM )........................................... there but redundant
Rears - BMW 5.25" Mids (OEM) ................................ still in use (powered by HU)

To:

Amplifier:
ALPINE MRP-F240 V-Power 4/3/2 Channel Power Amplifier
75W x 4 (Max)
100W x 2 RMS [4Ohms - Bridged @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
50W x 4 RMS [2Ohms @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
40W x 4 RMS [4Ohms @ 14.4V (0.08% THD)]
Bass engine
HP/LP Crossover
Bass EQ (Variable Ch-3/4)
RCA or Speaker Level Inputs
MOSFET Output Transistors

Front component speakers:
FOCAL Polyglass 130 V Slim
2-way separate
Woofer 130 mm
Voice Coil 32 mm
Motor Neodymium
Tweeter Tioxid 5 TN 47
Filter tweeter 12 dB/octave (adjustable tweeter level)
Max. power handling 100 W
Nom. power handling 50 W
Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) 91 dB
Frequency response 80 Hz - 20 KHz

Subwoofer:
JL Audio 12" sub
At first wanted the Alpine Type E 10" sub. Used Focal 11" sub on loan for a few days. Finally decided on JL Audio's 12" subwoofer.

Wiring:
Rockford power cable
Stinger speaker cables
Power protection fuse
QED RCA cables
Switchcraft USA RCA termination
Hi-to-Low Adaptor (connecting HU to Amp)

All from KF Audio at Aman Suria, Kelana Jaya :D Good job!

Hi all, I am getting a E90 320i soon & would like to sell the following items before i trade in my E46. These two items are attached to the back of the rear seats and should be easy to remove and thus i thought just sell these and keep the rest in the car.
Amplifier: ALPINE MRP-F240 V-Power 4/3/2 Channel Power Amplifier (with high quality RCA cables)
Subwoofer: JL Audio 12" sub

Anyone interested??

bro, the focal not selling?? hehe
how much will u let go the JL Audio subbie for..
thanks

Hi Jasonnn, that was quick .... tomorrow I will call KF Audio to find out ... I bought the system from them on 9th April 2006....less than 3 years.

As for the FOCALS, it is the only one i know can fit e46 without drilling/cutting parts of the door .... I thought of leaving it there and not to mess with it. But if KF Audio thinks it is easy to dismantle, I will consider.

I shall revert. Thanks.

jasonnn;380491 said:
bro, the focal not selling?? hehe
how much will u let go the JL Audio subbie for..
thanks

Hi, it is a JL Audio (JL W1 12inch subwoofer) .... how it looks like? similar to the photo in this link http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183117

Prices I paid for:-
JL Audio subwoofer - RM750
Subwoofer Box - RM150

We can nego when you PM me. Thanks.

You dont need an amplifier? I plan to remove the ALPINE amplifier which is mounted nicely on a custom-made mounting board with carpet (behind the rear seats of E46). I use gold plated QED Brand RCA cables.

The FOCALS V SLIM speakers are 5 1/4" ones and cost me RM1,350. It may take a while to remove those speakers since they are at the door panels.

Let me know. Thanks.

Hi Stephen,

I don't need an amp, as I've got an Alpine MRV F540 :top:
Anyway, I'll PM you on the sub and discuss.

Cheers,
Jason

Wow Jason, .....the Alpine V12 Series MRV-F540 is a powerhouse!

V12 series is a much better & more powerful amp than my V-Power series. It will surely drive this JL Audio subbie much much better!

You have got PM! Cheers!

Hi, just a quick note to say that the entire set has been sold.

Trust he will enjoy it as much as i did. Cheers! Happy Beemering!

hey,
thanks.. I'll definitely enjoy it..
i guess i'll install it this week at KF..on Wednesday after lunch.. hehe
do pop by if u've got the time :)

cheers!

Top Bottom