What happened to all the Alfa Romeos 156/159 boys?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i've had my share of fun w alfa's/fiat's during my vtec days, a couple of fast coupe's on e road but 155's hmm.. probably e rare 2.5 manual one's but definitely not the seles speed one's. Alfa's r nice cars but often troublesome and high on maintenance, juz like beemers. So we're essentially brethen's sharing same woe's from different car marques tho.

and yes e fiat coupe's are going for a steal now but i reckon that for a car dat old, driving it hard would mean spending alot of time visiting yr fave workshop and loads of maintenance cost for spares parts and oh upgrades. But hey.. for an enthusiast that's e best thing tt can happen, spending time w e car & moo in e workshops... ahaha...

on a friendly note, the italiano's also had some issue's w e honda riceboyz coz a NA VTEC beat their fastest turbo coupe in a drag battle in SIC some year back. Somehow i reckon tt driving a fiat/alfa boost their ego's in to a different level so let e testosterone speak... nuff said

e60FANster;470295 said:
i've had my share of fun w alfa's/fiat's during my vtec days, a couple of fast coupe's on e road but 155's hmm.. probably e rare 2.5 manual one's but definitely not the seles speed one's. Alfa's r nice cars but often troublesome and high on maintenance, juz like beemers. So we're essentially brethen's sharing same woe's from different car marques tho.

and yes e fiat coupe's are going for a steal now but i reckon that for a car dat old, driving it hard would mean spending alot of time visiting yr fave workshop and loads of maintenance cost for spares parts and oh upgrades. But hey.. for an enthusiast that's e best thing tt can happen, spending time w e car & moo in e workshops... ahaha...

on a friendly note, the italiano's also had some issue's w e honda riceboyz coz a NA VTEC beat their fastest turbo coupe in a drag battle in SIC some year back. Somehow i reckon tt driving a fiat/alfa boost their ego's in to a different level so let e testosterone speak... nuff said

Ya, same goes to those buying bimmers, for prestige reason, else they could have bought an audi instead....

Redd;470143 said:
sure anyone can chuck a rented lawnmower engine around cos its not your own. bring ur own car to sepang where u have to deal with whatever damage u incur and we'll see the men stand out from the boys. ;)

redd

Or the rich fellas (TOE) from the not so rich (everyone else)? Or the psychopaths (i.e. Zoggee) vs the sanes (i.e. Stevo)? hehehe

Guna;470132 said:
Hehe,you were thinking just like me.yeah,did that a few times too.The car had great take off.No DSC,ASC,or whatever C for traction and it was amazing to get the wheels spinning at the lights..what from a sedate looking wagon?...ah yes,good old days.

Saat,did you have the special edition version of the S60 T5?

Just saw your post. I was away whole day presenting my business plan.

How would I know if it is a special edition? (this is an honest bona fide question).

Redd;470175 said:
energy, so now we're getting into the 'my car cost more than your car' thing is it? i think ill quit here before u start whipping out ur thingy to prove ur more manly than i am. haha. ;)

guna, the Golf4 is a forummer here and organizer of the last (and upcoming) private trackday. go ask him. as it turns out, drivers are seldom equally talented. :)

redd

relax lar... forums are for healthy discussions and debates.
I'll be in KL on the 27th, let's go TTDI and I'll buy a round of beer :)

Redd;470133 said:
lol @ energy, arent u a bit too old to be starting these shenanigans again? i know i am... :)

anyway, im still lurking around so watch ur words hey?! :( hehe just kidding. ;)

seriously tho, anyone with anything to prove shd just take it to sepang. put the money where the mouth is. ive seen slower cars in the hands of better drivers make me look like i was parked in my coupe. so power isnt everything. just ask shah with the stock Golf4 GTI who easily overtook a modded Golf5 R32 on track.

if the alfa 155 u guys are talking about is a metallic lime green, it's a bone stock 2.5V6 with semi-slicks, brembos and one madman at the wheel. he's a sepang regular and does consistent sub-3 minute laptimes.

drive safe, y'all!

redd

Yes it was lime green and definitely a manual trannied car. Sounded wicked as well. I think power to weight advantage, and less drive train losses due to manual tranny, giving us bimmer drivers a scare :p

BTW what were u doing at 1Sentral today? I was the one who gave u the horns and flashes behind u earlier.

saat;470429 said:
Just saw your post. I was away whole day presenting my business plan.

How would I know if it is a special edition? (this is an honest bona fide question).

Good question,I was told the limited editions came with the bodykit and the nicer wheels plus a tweeked up ECU churning out 275bhp....sounds like fun ain't it?

E46Fanatic;470438 said:
BTW what were u doing at 1Sentral today? I was the one who gave u the horns and flashes behind u earlier.

lol! that was you?! i damn paiseh, thought i had cut you off coming out of parking or something. was there for a meeting with cisco. parking is a real b*tch in that area. :p

haha yah we can go on about how great our cars are only to have a 15-yr old honda EG with a tube frame and 200+ hp pulling 600kg show us what's what. i have one crazy colleague with a drag civic. spent over 100k... on just the engine alone. goes to show that if u have the money, there's no shortage of holes to throw it into. :)

redd

Redd;470514 said:
lol! that was you?! i damn paiseh, thought i had cut you off coming out of parking or something. was there for a meeting with cisco. parking is a real b*tch in that area. :p

Our firestarter Energy also works around Plaza Sentral. Next time u see an E90 LCI Space Grey 325i sports in that area with a geeky looking chinaman behind the wheel make sure you tiong him 99 hehe.

e46fanatic, will take note of the space grey E90. ;) (btw, shouldnt u change ur nick to E90Fanatic ah?)

penyu, powerblow is still around. he pops by the HPC events once in a while, every time with a different hot chick. ;) he was there during the last HPC, but came later in the afternoon la.

redd

E46Fanatic;470722 said:
Our firestarter Energy also works around Plaza Sentral. Next time u see an E90 LCI Space Grey 325i sports in that area with a geeky looking chinaman behind the wheel make sure you tiong him 99 hehe.

Thanks for the compliment, how's your new hair colour? :)

New hair colour

E46Fanatic;470722 said:

Thanks for the compliment, how's your new hair colour? :)

OSFlanker;470365 said:
Or the rich fellas (TOE) from the not so rich (everyone else)? Or the psychopaths (i.e. Zoggee) vs the sanes (i.e. Stevo)? hehehe

Game on!

Better then bragg,like some "biatch" that they claimed can do on the road.I'd rather do it in the track. Hell yeah I can handle a bit of ego bashing and shake the winners hand.

Alfa does have orgasmic souls Bimmer..? Good car but souless. expcept for the "M" and the race cars of course la. What conti cars is cheap to maintain anyway..And now who's game..healthy track dogfights. I"m sure I can scares a few just "detailed fast car around,perhaps a little scratch on the left fenders ur afla or bimmers and my bruised ego. 10 laps 20 laps.? Who you overtake on the straights doesn't count as bragging ok?

Guess who wil have the last laugh now..?

haha...XXX got sumore popcorn ka?

Redd;470143 said:
sure anyone can chuck a rented lawnmower engine around cos its not your own. bring ur own car to sepang where u have to deal with whatever damage u incur and we'll see the men stand out from the boys. ;)

redd

Wise ..and yet hmm???

invisibleghost;470209 said:
wah, this story is so far fetched ah!!!

Hehe..you must be giggling reading this thread and must be loosing ur hair...er wait? You are hairless the last time I saw you ,right? Damn you are fast ,the last time I saw you in Sepang.I got some catching up to do keep up wit u. Am my he-whore here too.?

Top Bottom