What happened to all the Alfa Romeos 156/159 boys?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;469832 said:
Welcome back! :) I see. Don't know the 1.8 but I had a T5 a few years back and it WOULD blast the rubber off a 320's tyres. Bikes would go yikes to see a stationwagon outdrag them from traffic lights :)

Scwepps,you might want to rephrase the bike bit?hehehe...I had a T5 with a hybrid turbine and yes,I have to agree,the 320 is not even a close match to it,not even a 325 for sure.The Volvo V70/850 T5 is a true wolf in sheep's clothing.And it handles like a dream for car with a wheel base that long.Full of confidence rain or shine.

The only stock standard car that I managed to hit the 250kmh mark with ease(shhh,don't tell the cops) and that was before I had the turbine done.I would vouch for the T5 anytime.

Dunno what bikes you were dragging with bro but I'm talking about bikes that do the 100kmh mark in under 2.3 seconds la...otherwise the T5 rocks! and I totally agree with you man.:top:

I had the good fortune of spending sometime with an S60 T5.
I love the sound everytime I put my foot down.
Straight line, it will blow the socks off a 325.
Give it the twisties, it fall apart.
Going up Camerons was effortless but alas, it blew an oil seal at the top. Lost all oil and had to be carried down.

It wasn't called The Terminator for nothing. :) It was years ago, so I had the 850 T5. I guess later iterations would've been even better. Normal road bikes la Guna! One of the most fun things for me was to line up with, say, 125 ccs (not kap cais) at traffic lights, floor it on green, and leave them in the dust. They kinda expect that today's sporty cars can do that, but back then, which stationwagon could? Especially with a bulk and wheelbase as big as the 850? It was a total surprise, and that was what made it fun. :D

I think the 325 would marginally beat it. The 0-60 is exactly the same at 7.7s, but the 325 is RWD, lighter, and has more gears.

My good friend is buying the VW Golf GTI MK6. He test drove it in Jalan Ampang and it was awesome apparently. The grip, torque, straight line speed and handles really well too.
The GTI would probably blow the 325 apart. I would really like the MK 6 to be my 2nd car.

Hehe,you were thinking just like me.yeah,did that a few times too.The car had great take off.No DSC,ASC,or whatever C for traction and it was amazing to get the wheels spinning at the lights..what from a sedate looking wagon?...ah yes,good old days.

Saat,did you have the special edition version of the S60 T5?

lol @ energy, arent u a bit too old to be starting these shenanigans again? i know i am... :)

anyway, im still lurking around so watch ur words hey?! :( hehe just kidding. ;)

seriously tho, anyone with anything to prove shd just take it to sepang. put the money where the mouth is. ive seen slower cars in the hands of better drivers make me look like i was parked in my coupe. so power isnt everything. just ask shah with the stock Golf4 GTI who easily overtook a modded Golf5 R32 on track.

if the alfa 155 u guys are talking about is a metallic lime green, it's a bone stock 2.5V6 with semi-slicks, brembos and one madman at the wheel. he's a sepang regular and does consistent sub-3 minute laptimes.

drive safe, y'all!

redd

I just love to stir the alfistis. they will always be targets for beamer drivers.
If want to test driving skills, go to the morac go-kart track. To test old or track cars, go to sepang.

Well Energy,there's your answer to where the Alfa guys have gone to...you're a notty devil,aren't you?:wink:

sure anyone can chuck a rented lawnmower engine around cos its not your own. bring ur own car to sepang where u have to deal with whatever damage u incur and we'll see the men stand out from the boys. ;)

redd

Redd;470133 said:
lol @ energy, arent u a bit too old to be starting these shenanigans again? i know i am... :)

anyway, im still lurking around so watch ur words hey?! :( hehe just kidding. ;)

seriously tho, anyone with anything to prove shd just take it to sepang. put the money where the mouth is. ive seen slower cars in the hands of better drivers make me look like i was parked in my coupe. so power isnt everything. just ask shah with the stock Golf4 GTI who easily overtook a modded Golf5 R32 on track.

if the alfa 155 u guys are talking about is a metallic lime green, it's a bone stock 2.5V6 with semi-slicks, brembos and one madman at the wheel. he's a sepang regular and does consistent sub-3 minute laptimes.

drive safe, y'all!

redd

Now,wait a minute...Redd,Are you trying to tell us that a Golf4GTI actually did that to Golf5 R32?The R32?

Was the R32 moving bro?And this is a stock Golf Gti mark 4 and the R32 is modded pulak(not like it needs to be)?The sums just don't add up la bro_Of course I'm assuming that drivers of both cars are equally talented la.What gives?

looking at mototrader for track cars... fiat coupes and alfas are 'lawnmover' cheap ;)

energy, so now we're getting into the 'my car cost more than your car' thing is it? i think ill quit here before u start whipping out ur thingy to prove ur more manly than i am. haha. ;)

guna, the Golf4 is a forummer here and organizer of the last (and upcoming) private trackday. go ask him. as it turns out, drivers are seldom equally talented. :)

redd

invisibleghost;470215 said:
nah, i still like german beers

bcoz no italian beer in the country.. :listen: i just brought in some... Birra Moretti, still not as good as the germans.. let me know if you want to try some...

cheers

Top Bottom