What are the differences?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

LazyServer

Club Guest
Hi ALL,Wanting to acquire an e46 325i CBU model (facelift). Searching the forums and find a fragments of info on this.From your experience and findings, what are the differences between the UK and Japan specs for post 2001 model e46 (post 2001 model)?Thanks in advance...

Hello there LazyServer,

Interested in a local AB-maintained Aug 2004 325i? Tip top, still under warranty, new Michellin MXV8 tyres, audio speakers. Black in colour + new number plates. Just went for full AB check - tip top report. Anything wrong, AB will change as part of warranty. Thinking of upgrading. Interested, drop me an email at macdaque@liewchambers.com.

Liew.

UK specs one have only 184hp vs 192 for the Jap/local M54 325i. Its also slower based on real world tests done by forummers here :p

Spec wise, it really depends on what the first owner ordered with it. Condition wise, I found that generally (not always la) the Jap cars were cleaner, inside and out. Lots more corrosion on the UK cars in the engine bay and undercarriage. I am told that this is due to salt on the roads during winter

Im not sure if Jap Spec did come out with 2.2? As far as i know only UK did come out with 2.2 correct me if im wrong.

normally jap's spec higher.. sunroof, auto retractable side mirror... low mileage.. blah blah

Originally posted by jsen@Apr 25 2006, 12:57 AM
normally jap's spec higher.. sunroof, auto retractable side mirror... low mileage.. blah blah
Mine no sunroof :( but auto retractable side mirror... low mileage ( i never trust on low mileage coz can be adjusted since i got mine it is only 18K)

Thanks for ALL the comments, very informative indeed. Just got back from offshore, only manage to get online just now.

E46Fanatic - is this a fact that UK specs 325i only have 184hp? or is it different engine all together?

Yes its a fact. You can google UK sites on the specs of the M54 325i. Same engine, detuned for some reasons tho... I was told the final drive is also taller (hence slower acceleration on top of the power deficit), but have not been able to confirm this.

Originally posted by avictar@Apr 25 2006, 11:12 AM

Huh....mileage on the BMW electronic odometer can be tempered with...even in the BMW unreg???....how true is this???...
Whilst I don't discount the fact that the odometer reading has been tampered with, my Japanese friend has told me that most people in Japan don't drive their cars that much. Mostly on the weekends, coz it's too expensive for a weekday permit, parking, tolls etc etc.

So, perhaps some of the mileage readings COULD be semi accurate. WHO knows???

Can try your best to find tell tale signs, from steering wheel, driver seat, seat belts, brake pedal rubber wear. Also peer under the car and see how much dirt is under the car :p. A 15-20k kms car should still be relative clean and shiny at the bottom.

Best effort only no guarantees that dealer has taken care of all the items above.

of cource can be tempered

my friend 2nd hand x trail also same case...once he found out damm sad n heart broken

infact there is a mileage log for ur tranny..u can check there

u see most of the parts inside the unreg is damm new!!

why...cos i believe they "lego" it... over there ..not here

u can see those car oledi in superb conditoin when shipped over to port klang

and there are 5 grades of it

correct me if i m wrong ... cos all these i heard from worthtrusted source ....

japanese n uk ppl dun really maintain they ride or send in for good maintaince service ....

as i believe u all also know tat ....cost is too $$$

just use n throw if the car not in good condition ...

just my 2cents.... i might be wrong :)

car dealer here dun really do anything

they sign off the DO

wash it n "polish it"

put one price tag

wala ...for sell UNREG :)

P/S: i duno why all the keys are so bad in condition....imagine just drive for 15-20k KM... hard to believe

Agree with you leakwoon..surpise to know from you guys that the new bmw mileage can be tampered also.

On other note, like mentioned by SCIN, UK specs do have some corrosives effects due to salts. Will this be a problem or the corrosive effect is just on the outer surface, given that the car has already been treated with anti corrosion stuff?

The E46 does not use galvanized steel, which makes it environment friendly.. Also means it'll turn to a rust bucket sooner than later :D

LazyServer bro

most of the cities of japan also near to sea

i belip corrosives also happen lo

when there is a will there is a way

i think all the meter can be tempered

nothing is impossible :D :D

Fren i think i mentioned this b4 one of my fren adjusted the mileage for 50 buck by one of his mech b4 he sell the car.
Sure this can be done but one for sure u cant change the gearbox mileage to be the exact. Some guys can verify this....

Top Bottom