Water stains on windscreen and windows

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mick123

Club Guest
anyone tried to remove those stubborn water marks/stains on the windscreens and the windows? i asked those car detailers in the malls and the price is more than rm400 to remove them. tried some of the ways found on the net but not effective at all.

I bought a bottle of window stain remover from Giant a couple of months ago. Cost less than RM20. It worked really well. If you have time, just do it yourself... You can save your RM400. When go back home later, I will check the brand.

mick123;843042 said:
that will be great jakpo. tx :)

Hey mick123, check out Platinium Car Wash at Taman Megah behind Secret Recipe. They quoted me RM80 and they use quality products too

tx rx8, will check it out too. the stains are now an eye sore after i repainted my car :)

I'm on my bed reading this. Let me go down to the store room and check on that thing.

----------------------------------
jakpo

Okay, here it is. Brand is FormaHero.

pemu5yta.jpg

----------------------------------
jakpo

rx8;843052 said:
Hey mick123, check out Platinium Car Wash at Taman Megah behind Secret Recipe. They quoted me RM80 and they use quality products too

The only place to wash your car after 9 pm ...excellent car wash i would say ...

for RM400, you can just insure your windscreen and get it replaced with the new (genuine ) one..
I've tried osren product, works quite well.

to be exact it's 460 for all the windows and windscreen. 179 just for the windscreen ;)

haven't got the time yet to go buy the stuff. wifey bought some stain remover for windscreen from cosway and that definitely didn't work.

mick123,
You are in Putra Heights? If you want to try mine, come to my house, i let u test that thing. if it works, then only you buy.

jakpo;843477 said:
mick123,
You are in Putra Heights? If you want to try mine, come to my house, i let u test that thing. if it works, then only you buy.

I’m using the same brand cost me RM 15.90. It took me 30 min for my side mirror (satria) happy with the result however for e39 the water stain much harder to remove and it took me about 1 hour still kinda greasy. Need to do it again and again i think. Can’t imagine how long will it take for my windscreen.

For front windscreen if it is heavily stained with water marks, it is better to replace the windscreen via insurance claim.

iconx;844184 said:
I’m using the same brand cost me RM 15.90. It took me 30 min for my side mirror (satria) happy with the result however for e39 the water stain much harder to remove and it took me about 1 hour still kinda greasy. Need to do it again and again i think. Can’t imagine how long will it take for my windscreen.
the waxco I got is some seriously powerful stuff. A few wax on and wax off motion and the mark is gone. It comes with a pair of rubber gloves too!

For what it's worth, lemon does the job of stripping stubborn water stains and marks on windscreens. Slice a lemon into halves and go through your windscreen in circular motion and repeat until water stains are completely removed.

Make sure the juice doesn't come into prolonged contact with the rubber seals of your windscreen, it'll strip the glue that holds it in place.

a lot of the products out there are very concentrated acid.
that explains the glove given.....
does vinegar really work?
or even lemon???

Top Bottom