MG Quik Detailer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yes, correct. :)I m about to do a QD on my dad's car then top it off with some wax.psssst, it's a jap brand punya

Originally posted by Jipster@Dec 16 2004, 08:24 PM Hmmmm....do u mean to say I can use QD by itself/directly i.e. dun need to wash car first...just apply straight onto unwashed area and wipe off?
If really dirty better wash first, otherwise when you wipe, it will scratch.

Originally posted by ichiwan2@Dec 16 2004, 09:46 AM [Is the claybar good?
First time using since i bought my e30.the result is really fantastic, paint is damn smooth now as compared to before.the dirtiest part was the bonnet & the rear boot. the rest was alright.a bit time consuming but well worth the effort.waxing after makes it easier as well & you're not smudging & creating more scratches with the inbuilt dirt thats stuck to the clear coat.

the MG claybar only sticks if the surface isn't wet enough. what i did was spray a layer, clay bar it & wipe it off straight away. i didn't leave it on until i finish the whole car.one of my friends did the same thing as well & it was a biatch to get the clay off his roof, he obviously did not lubricate the surface enough when applying.. B)

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Dec 17 2004, 11:52 AM ... & it was a biatch to get the clay off his roof, he obviously did not lubricate the surface enough when applying.. B)
Tell him to resoak the car with shampoo again, and use a towel to wash the spot again instead of the usual sponge. If you have a spare microfibre towel, even better... forget chamois, those will never remove it.

jip,i tried the MG QD on my dad's car yesterday. It doesn't remove dirt so easily as I thought. If yr paintwork is clean and it's dirty, the QD would do the job. But if dirt stuck into your paint... then it requires some elbow srubbingon it.So, i turn to NXT Booster Wax. And it's amazing how quick it removes the dirt and shines the car. I m impress with it. So, did the whole car. The car is still with the original paint since 1997 and no clearcoat. So, it's solid white and very easy to trap dirt. The NXT BW helps to clean the car and shines in 1 hour.So, that's the difference between NXT BW and MG QD. Hope this helps

Originally posted by elwine30@Dec 17 2004, 05:05 PM jip,i tried the MG QD on my dad's car yesterday. It doesn't remove dirt so easily as I thought. If yr paintwork is clean and it's dirty, the QD would do the job. But if dirt stuck into your paint... then it requires some elbow srubbingon it.So, i turn to NXT Booster Wax. And it's amazing how quick it removes the dirt and shines the car. I m impress with it. So, did the whole car. The car is still with the original paint since 1997 and no clearcoat. So, it's solid white and very easy to trap dirt. The NXT BW helps to clean the car and shines in 1 hour.So, that's the difference between NXT BW and MG QD. Hope this helps
Ta very much mate! :)

Top Bottom