Water Pump Original VS OEM

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ridhuan82

Hello sifu

Anybody can share their experience using oem/original water pump for E90 M Sport 2011? Trying to use the original but a bit pricey [emoji28][emoji28].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, i believe the waterpump alone costs about rm400 from stockist. Not that expensive for such a critical item. But the labour involved to change the waterpump may cost you a bit. However it is also usual practice to alang2 change the thermostat once they access the waterpump.

paid about 1.8k for original water pump for the 325i ,with workmanship about a tenth of the pump .

I've think i've read somewhere that the water pumps were redesigned to address the fairly short lifespan (original water pump lasted 150k km on my e90)

Don't skimp on items that are critical to engine longevity .

ahshawn said:
Hi there, i believe the waterpump alone costs about rm400 from stockist. Not that expensive for such a critical item. But the labour involved to change the waterpump may cost you a bit. However it is also usual practice to alang2 change the thermostat once they access the waterpump.
wow, didn't know the diesel variant water pumps were so cheap!

ahshawn said:
My car now running at 185k. I just put myself in a standby mode if anything happen in future. To date, my major maintainance regardless of wear and tear item (break, suspension, plug, filter, auto oil and etc) is on valve... (forgot the name but it relate to decreasing in engine oil). If u see any area that i need to put specific attention to especially when im almost reaching to 200k soon, please feel free to inform me.

Your comment and advice are highly appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d4ngerz0ne said:
paid about 1.8k for original water pump for the 325i ,with workmanship about a tenth of the pump .

I've think i've read somewhere that the water pumps were redesigned to address the fairly short lifespan (original water pump lasted 150k km on my e90)
Don't skimp on items that are critical to engine longevity .

wow, didn't know the diesel variant water pumps were so cheap!
Usually the workshop will not appear to charge a large amount of fees for labour so that the customer won't negotiate too much on labour since the cost of the parts is "fixed", hehe..pricing strategy, they also need to cari makan. But in the case of 325i, they use a different water pump (11 51 7 586 925) compared to 11 51 7 807 311 for 320d. Check with stockist for 325i is about RM1300+, the cost of a 6-inline, hehe

ahshawn said:
Usually the workshop will not appear to charge a large amount of fees for labour so that the customer won't negotiate too much on labour since the cost of the parts is "fixed", hehe..pricing strategy, they also need to cari makan. But in the case of 325i, they use a different water pump (11 51 7 586 925) compared to 11 51 7 807 311 for 320d. Check with stockist for 325i is about RM1300+, the cost of a 6-inline, hehe
who is your stockist ? Maybe i should pay him a visit :p thats pretty cheap !

changed my E90 320i water pump to OEM brand RM400 + thermostat RM200, (housing use back original, if OEM RM150) + rubber stopper (RM65, damn rubber so expensive),
labor RM150, (ATF own self as the water pump & ATF mechanisc is connected, hence need to refill)

DanzE90 said:
changed my E90 320i water pump to OEM brand RM400 + thermostat RM200, (housing use back original, if OEM RM150) + rubber stopper (RM65, damn rubber so expensive),
labor RM150, (ATF own self as the water pump & ATF mechanisc is connected, hence need to refill)
Hi bro DanzE90,
Can you PM me the stockist where you got the parts and workshop where you changed your pump. Im getting the 2E81 and 2E82 fault codes too. Need to prepare if the issue persists.

Top Bottom