Watch that temperature needle!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Oh oh, I had sealed my air recirculation flap shut... problem is that my commuting hours and routes are always just after the garbage lorries have just done their rounds, leaving a nice aroma of rotting George Town inner city stale hawkers fare to be sucked into my car, yucks... no choice...

:) I think it's time to have my expansion tank changed. never change for 9 years.
All the hoses and water also never been changed.
Any other parts in the cooling system which need to be replaced?
BTW, Redline Water Wetter. can I just use it with water without coolant?
How many bottle for our UDM?

8080pbmw;217279 said:
:) I think it's time to have my expansion tank changed. never change for 9 years.
All the hoses and water also never been changed.
Any other parts in the cooling system which need to be replaced?
BTW, Redline Water Wetter. can I just use it with water without coolant?
How many bottle for our UDM?

hmmm....here's some poison...:rolleyes:

u should compare redline ww and lubegard kool-it.
and then u should ask your mechanic, is Toyota Long Life coolant better?

HAHAHAHHAHA.......

sorry mate, i am not sure of lubeguard kool-it. care to explain more?
anyway, my mechanic does not know much about toyota one. he uses only caltex coolant which pays for his annual holiday.

8080pbmw;217290 said:
anyway, my mechanic does not know much about toyota one. he uses only caltex coolant which pays for his annual holiday.

*spoiler alert*
i take no responsibility if u decide to buy the lubegard coolant or any other products for your UDM after u see see the site, nor I recommend any of the coolants mentioned below. This will really crack your noodle to decide what to use.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!

go to the lubegard webpage http://www.lubegard.com/automotive/radiator_koolit.html
Read the comparison.

Hee hehee ..... toyota one can pay for his around the world in 80days trip.:D

Sesat88,

Where to buy the lubegard and how much it cost?? How many bottles we need for our E36?

busted my hose recently, smack on the Federal Highway during peak hours... luck of one legged whore! Managed to reconnect the hose perfectly (on my own)and got it sorted in BP shop (Jln Gasing) pronto.... could have been a nightmare.

blackrobe;217402 said:
busted my hose recently, smack on the Federal Highway during peak hours... luck of one legged whore! Managed to reconnect the hose perfectly (on my own)and got it sorted in BP shop (Jln Gasing) pronto.... could have been a nightmare.

Damn, so many horror stories of hoses popping out... looks like us Beemer drivers have to drive with one eye on the road and the other on the temp meter. No wonder we get cock-eyed!:D

I think very soon we'll also need some robust surveillance CCTV cameras complete with lights mounted inside the engine bay to monitor everything... :D

8080pbmw;217290 said:

I learn that BMW coolant upon request only if you specify it. Just like BMW ATF-DexronIII oil. Else everything liquid and grease, it's 100% Caltex. Well maybe except the ZF ATF oil for newer gearboxes

BMW coolant comes in 1.5Liter bottle. RM24 if you get from B.A. shop in KL, which is cheaper than the Wurth 1liter coolant that I used to get from the Goodyear tire shop in Kampung Jawa.

geoffreylee;217347 said:
Sesat88,

Where to buy the lubegard and how much it cost?? How many bottles we need for our E36?

1 bottle (more than u can afford Geoff... mua hahahahahaha.... RM50+ i think la, cannot remember, coz i dun use liao.. found something better) :D

where to buy...
1) Autochild Glenmarie
2) Eunos 1U, etc.
3) Uncle Tee of PJ Seapark
4) N1 Sunway (i think)
5) Redzone Sunway (i think)
6) etc etc la...

alternative is to carry a host of hoses in ur ride for the possible bust up...fixing it shouldnt be a prob. My fear is that we can't drive it to the nearest garage, thus getting 'lioked' by tow trucks...(unless u have AAM)...too costly for something inexpensive

Talking about AAM, how many of u out there has the membership with AAM? Do they provide good back up service in case of an emergency or break down?

I have downloaded the form but have yet to fill up coz not sure AAM ok or not :) pls advise.

cheers

Russie;217702 said:
Talking about AAM, how many of u out there has the membership with AAM? Do they provide good back up service in case of an emergency or break down?

I have downloaded the form but have yet to fill up coz not sure AAM ok or not :) pls advise.

cheers

i've been using AAm for the past 2 years. Car broke down twice and the service was prompt enough. Being a member, u are entitled to the service even if you're driving someone elses car.

Towing is free, but only covers urban areas. You'll have to pay a certain fee for outskirts towing.

Now lets get back to the actual topic of this thread.

One more on AAM... they will attempt to do minor on-the-spot repair, if it is possible and safe to do so. For example, radiator hose popping out, I think it can be repaired on the spot if there is no other damages. Have been a member for maybe 6-8 years, on average used their service once every 2 years as the clutch pump has become a consumable item on my other car (race clutch, heavy!)... no complaints on their service so far.

Note that they will not tow accident vehicles though, only broken down ones (and to any location you prefer, within their service area).

AAM member since 1997. So far great help. Usually, i just tell them that I don't need any repairs but need help to tow to my workshop. Then, they don't need to waste time sending someone to 'fix' before they call tow truck to tow. Takes way too much time this way.

i agree. AAM is very useful especially at night in lonely stretches. but when accident, they wont fight with those tow truck guys. worth signing up. my AAM membership comes free with my car insurance.

back to topic. is there any way to reduce the fan noise? sucks power. its damn noisy sometimes, sounds like those old vulva cars. has anyone changed to electric fan? but i'm jsut afriad that the car migth oeverheat or blow a fuse somewhere due to extra current. anyone??

sesat88;217633 said:
1 bottle (more than u can afford Geoff... mua hahahahahaha.... RM50+ i think la, cannot remember, coz i dun use liao.. found something better) :D

where to buy...
1) Autochild Glenmarie
2) Eunos 1U, etc.
3) Uncle Tee of PJ Seapark
4) N1 Sunway (i think)
5) Redzone Sunway (i think)
6) etc etc la...

RM50 .. I can afford la... You mentioned you found better.. care to share?

ramsing;217754 said:
i agree. AAM is very useful especially at night in lonely stretches. but when accident, they wont fight with those tow truck guys. worth signing up. my AAM membership comes free with my car insurance.

back to topic. is there any way to reduce the fan noise? sucks power. its damn noisy sometimes, sounds like those old vulva cars. has anyone changed to electric fan? but i'm jsut afriad that the car migth oeverheat or blow a fuse somewhere due to extra current. anyone??

Just my opinion, I think having an efficient radiator, i.e. cooling system reduces the occasions where the fan needs to kick in to help. In really hot weather, you can't avoid it though - the fan becomes necessary. Changing fan clutch might help w the noise? Changed mine. Seems better.

Top Bottom