Warped Brake Disc

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

integramania

Club Guest
Hi Guys....Any one experience before frequent disc warps? I have change twice to new ones (OEM) and they have warped very easily...any idea why? I mainly use the car for long distance drive (not too frequent) and weekends...I have just corrected the arms and it has improved braking when coming to a standstill but now ard 70-80km when braking it judders....I was told its the brake disc againWhere can I get good dics which can last?Thanks

weii....of coz la the disc will warp. u drive everyday 250kmh then brake to 20kmh to take corner, sure cannot tahan.

you better upgrade to Brembo/Alcon/Wilwood brakes. Order online faster.

always use the original for the e34 cos non original will always warp.

new in box original is about 280 each. No budget, go to chop shop and buy used original ones with the original brake pads. sure good braking+ no warp...

no way out for this brake issue for the e34, unless you use BBK..

ramsing - i wanna order Spoon calipers d lar.....hahaha

pussy - thanks ... is there any imprints on the disc to tell that they are the ori BMWs?

very good experience with originals on my e34. never warped even when removed. totally worn when removed in early 2003. could have been been on car since 1992. replaced with originals at M1 for RM370 each. that's for 520i non-vented (after 20% discount) in 2003. came in bmw box with engraved bmw logo and part number on the hat section. the engraved part number matches the set removed from car. after upgrade and changing to aftermarket discs, pening. but balo so far quite ok. better than cheap/probably fake brembos. but still warps a little after 15 months. whenever feel goncang starting, faster swap out for spare set and remove for skimming. so, ori is still the way to go.

btw, anybody interested in a set of ori 520i brake discs? keke

I agree with pussy. Go for the Ori ones. I changed mine from AB Subang Jaya almost 9 months ago and clocked in about 30K kms. Still no juddering.

Ori......no regrets

Yes agree on getting the oris, I have the same prob, it judders and nd to send for skimming. The trick is not to splash cold water on the disc while it's hot which can cause warp!

I presume that you are talking about only the front discs . . . ? Shimmy/vibrate/wobble is that what you call "juddering?" I have similar problem at certain speeds when I hit the brakes. My inferior discs obviously are after-market, non-OEM [Original Equipment Manufacturer] junk made in China. Already experienced warp effects after only 8 months. I should have known better, spent more money and get it done right the first time. :eek:

mine until today 96k km still ok. only changed pads so far. disc no problem. since 2000. now 2009.

oh no i find the brake of my e34 very easy to LOCKED when press the pedal hard, 20~30 km/h sudden stop the brake will be locked and car "fly" to right side a bit, so i always step the pedal repeatedly.

Today in mahameru highway a car in third lane SUDDEN COMPLETE STOP(dunno wat happen, it's the car b4 the car b4 me and b4) walao eh, i press the pedal hard and byebye wheel locked(mine 1989 no abs) my car was skidding......large tyre sound and a lot of smokes come out from my car, fortunately i dun tailgate the car in front of me and the car behind me also very far from me or..., i also speeding under 100km/h(in that situation i totally forgot to engine brake and repeatedly step the brake, i think my preventive driving skill not enough la...)

Is this means warped disk??? i dun notice the steering vibrate(too concentrate on the situation in front)

And my brake always got "eek" sound coming whenever brake in high or low speed, just changed all rotor and pads not more than 1 year, topped up brake fluid all hoses changed. the pads are textile, rotor not sure but definietely oem bought rm120 only so could be lemforder?

morpheus5039;393976 said:
oh no i find the brake of my e34 very easy to LOCKED when press the pedal hard, 20~30 km/h sudden stop the brake will be locked and car "fly" to right side a bit, so i always step the pedal repeatedly.

Today in maharani highway a car in third lane SUDDEN COMPLETE STOP(dunno wat happen, it's the car b4 the car b4 me and b4) walao eh, i press the pedal hard and byebye wheel locked(mine 1989 no abs) my car was skidding......large tyre sound and a lot of smokes come out from my car, fortunately i dun tailgate the car in front of me and the car behind me also very far from me or..., i also speeding under 100km/h(in that situation i totally forgot to engine brake and repeatedly step the brake, i think my preventive driving skill not enough la...)

Is this means warped disk??? i dun notice the steering vibrate(too concentrate on the situation in front)

And my brake always got "eek" sound coming whenever brake in high or low speed, just changed all rotor and pads not more than 1 year, topped up brake fluid all hoses changed. the pads are textile, rotor not sure but definietely oem bought rm120 only so could be lemforder?

if no shaking while braking, then u got no judder problem. but locking up is dangerous. are your tyres still in good condition, with thread life?

ramsing;394018 said:
if no shaking while braking, then u got no judder problem. but locking up is dangerous. are your tyres still in good condition, with thread life?

thx for your reply!
Tire change less than a year, yoko aspect 205/65/15, thread seems to be good.
Actually i dunno whether got shaking of not(today's incident is to shock for me to notice other thing)

Probably coming TT u can test drive my e34?! i'm not sure still have wat problem within my udm...:stupid:

pussy;394043 said:
sticky caliper or master pump... or worse ABS unit...

Thx for your input!
Could it be master pump? How it makes wheel locked?
I rmb my father said last time(really not long ago) he topped up brake fluid only, no flushed. so....

Mine older model no abs lah...

BLaCkHoWLiNG;394813 said:
my disc not say warped it actually bent.. became an 8 figure.. replaced it with ori discs.. now car damn siok

walao....bent...i can't imagine how to make it to that...8 figure? pic pls haha:stupid:

am going to soon...ask u all sifu sifu wats the opinion lor.....coz the Brembo sounds good but i dont want another problem of warped brakes

Top Bottom