Wanted

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Tor

Club Guest
Looking for a classic restoration project. All models before introduction of 3, 5, 6 and 7 series is considered (like the 2002 range). Any condition. Any suggestion don´t hesitate PM me. :)

Tor...do you managed to find a good restorer which is affordable? The most important is bodywork..i have an e28 which I would love to rebuilt..(so much to do with so little money..keep dreamin i guess)..:(

The E28 is a the first generation with all the electronic goodies, and is a semi advanced car. Like the 2002, those cars are so simple that most of the work i can do myself. Strip a car down to just a shell i can do. Then send the shell off for bodywork and spray. Reassembly i would do myself. That keeps the cost down, and give me the fun part of the restoration :) E28 is a bigger and more complicated car. If you are to set it away for others to do the whole job, it will be costly. It all depends of how much you can do yourself. Look at Malaycooper, the job that he has done himself on his 735i has saved him thousands. I am afraid that keeping a classic require anyone (except the filthy rich) to get their hands dirty.

E10 2002 is quite costly now if it is legal AND in running condition. Beat-up E21, E28 and E30 are cheap to acquire.

However i do appreciate the appeal of 70's models myself. Hope one day to have both an E10 and an E9. Good luck..

anakin;802934 said:
Tor...do you managed to find a good restorer which is affordable? The most important is bodywork..i have an e28 which I would love to rebuilt..(so much to do with so little money..keep dreamin i guess)..:(

Bodywork I have only one place... the ONLY place I would recommend (sadly now have LONG waiting list already...)... its at USJ1 called Playhouse Garage (PHG). They did my 1966 Dodge...

Heres a sneak peak... (sorry its not a UDM hehe)

P1040897.jpg

62086_10152164646510352_1028976949_n.jpg

Syed

Wow, what an absolutely beauty. Any pictures from before restoration started? Nice address to keep in mind.

I´m looking for a BMW, pre 1974-75. I have no worries taking on a restoration project, good or bad shape. Let me know if you know of something interesting.

Tor;803298 said:
Wow, what an absolutely beauty. Any pictures from before restoration started? Nice address to keep in mind.

I´m looking for a BMW, pre 1974-75. I have no worries taking on a restoration project, good or bad shape. Let me know if you know of something interesting.

Too many pictures to post here but the COMPLETE restoration can be found in my blog here : http://weddingcar4u.blogspot.com/2011/05/1966-dodge-dart-270-convertible_4306.html

You gonna have to scroll A LOT of pages though hehe.

PS: I will let you know if any 2002 creep up or 2500CS.

Syed

Tor;802953 said:
The E28 is a the first generation with all the electronic goodies, and is a semi advanced car. Like the 2002, those cars are so simple that most of the work i can do myself. Strip a car down to just a shell i can do. Then send the shell off for bodywork and spray. Reassembly i would do myself. That keeps the cost down, and give me the fun part of the restoration :) E28 is a bigger and more complicated car. If you are to set it away for others to do the whole job, it will be costly. It all depends of how much you can do yourself. Look at Malaycooper, the job that he has done himself on his 735i has saved him thousands. I am afraid that keeping a classic require anyone (except the filthy rich) to get their hands dirty.

I do agree with tor on this. I my self with the help of my dad back in 2005 restored an E28 and it is fun and yet affordable to restore. Plus you can get your hand dirty as well. For me highly recommended to find a nice E28 and get the 528 special edition model. If not you can get the normal one with the 'JAW' ( Jerung ) bumper also would be nice. Try google'ing around for some hot E28 models. anyway good luck in the project and if anything do PM me, as if some DIY stuff we can meet up and do

wow Syed.. you really have lots of cool toys! Bila aku dah kaya nanti aku nak kawan ngan kau lah :biggrin:

mizhan;803350 said:
wow Syed.. you really have lots of cool toys! Bila aku dah kaya nanti aku nak kawan ngan kau lah :biggrin:

Aku cronie PAS tu pasal "kaya" kalau cronie Umno tak tau pakai kereta classic dah, Rolls-Royce Ghost terus... hihihi

Top Bottom