Vibration at 120Kmh

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Alfadli

Club Guest
Gents,when im going at 115-120Kmh, i can feel my calves (only) vibrating. The BMW regular tyre shop in Sunway said there could be the drive shaft bengkok.... I've done the alignment, chamber, toe, and front on wheel balancing...Its driving me nuts... whats else ya? How to know if the rear tyre bengkak coz i checked and dont see any visible bengkak.I'm using 18/40/245 front new tyre and rear ones are already 50% thread. Any advices?

Why dun bring to another tyre shop double check ? Vibration only at 120KM/H ? How bout more than that speed?

yes only at 115~120Km/h... 120-180Km/h smooth and silent... already did on wheel balancing front... its rear wheel drive right? so maybe it should be rear on wheel balancing for us?

Is the front wheel vibrate or the rear ? Mostly front i guess, because you will feel more. The vibrate come from steering wheel or the paddle leg room platform ?

bro, from my experience, the culprit can come from the rear tyres..it cud be an uneven wear on them..my e34 faced this issue, suspected the front tyres but ended up with the rear..try doing some rotations..hope it helps..

Thanka JFT63, your input makes perfect sense. Rear tyres are starting to worn out.

You should check your rim... most of the time , low speed vibration comes from the rim itself. If one of your rims (front ones) has a dent or balancing weights is gone you might experience low speed vibrations and it will be gone at high speed... you better do a check as this might damage the bushings as well...

Top Bottom