used szl (steering angle sensor)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Twll said:
Hi guys

My steering failed me while i was driving last night. Thank god i was driving it slowly cos suddenly my steering wont able to turn which i made the final turn and message on idrive appeared, Charging Fault, High Temperature and drive moderately. Finally able to find to find a spot to stop my car and trying very hard to turn my steering which it is impossible. Really nightmare and luckily not much car in my neighbourhood. Looking down after stop the car, oil leaked out from bottom. Now wait for tow car to tow to mechanic. Really hope it will not be bad damage.
bro twill,
you lost your power steering(heavy steering),your alternator(charging fault) and your water pump(hi temp).

if you have an m54,all that i have mentioned is belt driven.check your serpentine belt.

if you have an n52,your crankshaft pulley,which is rubber impregnated for NVH,may have koyak ady as have experienced by a forummer....

gud lak...

Hi bro moots,

Thanks for your advise. Will ask my mechanic check on it. Wait for my car to tow it tomorrow to workshop and see what cause it. Total failure now on my steering. Today i went and see my car park at roadside in the neighbourhood and check system. Coolant level low light ignited. Guess this round will be a big bomb in repairing it. Huhuhu

Done for the whole repairing on my steering rack. It took them almost 2 weeks to get through it. Repair cost slightly more than RM5400 for a used steering rack. Wonder of our UDM. Hope it can give the great spirit out for this car still. Testing for it and warranty for a week on this steering rack. On the issues of overheating and low coolant, my mechanic change the O-Ring. Huhu. Wonder what is that? Hehe

Top Bottom