Used E46 & E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kennytan

Club Guest
Hi Sifus,I wish to get either one of this two models. Used E46(318) or E39(520/523) which is reasonable? I am not too familiar how to checking the car is in good condition. Which is I must carefully check & know them in the oftenly problem. I heard alot the BMW always easy get over temperature & Sensor problem, Is it true? So, how can I check & see them before I choose the car are very good condition or not? Whatelse, much sensitive spoilt and fragile parts inside the car? I must carefully choose the car otherwise I will spend much expensive for repair & maintainance...

getting a bimmer? 3 points from me:
1. Get a bigger cc. You wont reget it. Not sure about 318, but for e39 go for the m54 engine.
2. If you are lucky, you dont need to spend much. Buffer some money and time to get it alive. The feeling after that is undescribeable.
3. If you want to drive a bimmer, be ready for the maintenance. If that is a concern, fikir panjanggggggggggggggggggg dulu.

Welcome to the bimmer world.

publicbus said:
getting a bimmer? 3 points from me:
1. Get a bigger cc. You wont reget it. Not sure about 318, but for e39 go for the m54 engine.
2. If you are lucky, you dont need to spend much. Buffer some money and time to get it alive. The feeling after that is undescribeable.
3. If you want to drive a bimmer, be ready for the maintenance. If that is a concern, fikir panjanggggggggggggggggggg dulu.

Welcome to the bimmer world.

hi to all sifus.....me too....planning to get a bm....same question from my mind that kennytan asking...realy appreciate that can get more info ....from here...i m prefer e46 318i facelift 2002 or 2003..cause it just few years...n i got no idea that ckd better than japan spec/uk spec or?thks....:)

kennytan said:
Hi Sifus,
I wish to get either one of this two models. Used E46(318) or E39(520/523) which is reasonable? I am not too familiar how to checking the car is in good condition. Which is I must carefully check & know them in the oftenly problem.

I heard alot the BMW always easy get over temperature & Sensor problem, Is it true? So, how can I check & see them before I choose the car are very good condition or not? Whatelse, much sensitive spoilt and fragile parts inside the car?

I must carefully choose the car otherwise I will spend much expensive for repair & maintainance...

e39 5 series and e46 3 series are 2 very very different cars in totally different classes. I think you should decide straight away if you want a 3 series, or the bigger 5 series first.

If u have got the budget for an E39, go for it!

follow your instinct.

kennytan;184261 said:
Hi Sifus,
I wish to get either one of this two models. Used E46(318) or E39(520/523) which is reasonable? I am not too familiar how to checking the car is in good condition. Which is I must carefully check & know them in the oftenly problem.

I heard alot the BMW always easy get over temperature & Sensor problem, Is it true? So, how can I check & see them before I choose the car are very good condition or not? Whatelse, much sensitive spoilt and fragile parts inside the car?

I must carefully choose the car otherwise I will spend much expensive for repair & maintainance...

No matter how carefully you choose your car (used) there are bound to be some kind of minor/major problems with sensor failures, radiator crack, hoses hardening and worst, engine cracks that can crop up during your ownership of the car. These all will lead to expansive repairs if not replaced periodically. BMW engines runs hot and especially in our country, leading to premature parts failure overtime. That is why you always heard of all these problems in BM cars. A neglected BMW is a timebomb waiting to explode on you. Good news is you can count on this forum to racun you to keep you car tip top. only your pocket get hit. :D

Top Bottom