Urgent! Any reputable mechs in Klang?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DanZ

Club Guest
Hey guys, need some help here..I'm taking delivery of my baby tomorrow at Port Klang and am going to be driving it to Penang (moving there)..But I need to fix the belting first as Kota Kinabalu AB has noted that the belts have cracks.So, requesting help! Need to find a reputable mech in Klang area... If there aren't any I'll send the car to AB Glenmarie.Thanks in advance!-Dan

Dan

Suggest you go to SS19...do you know where that is? Is yours an E34? I always go to these guys in SS19 Subang Jaya, they are very good with old Mercs and BMWs. Way cheaper than AB Glenmarie and original parts can be acquired. Suggest you go to SS19 and look for "Subang Wheelers". There's 2 rows of workshops there, you'll see many many old/dead cars in this place, its next to the Malay and Chinese schools.

Not worth it taking an E34 to AB Glenmaries to be honest. They don't take your car seriously just because it's old. Take it from me, I've been there and never going back there. All the best!

There is only one in Klang

Hi-Tech (or Advance) in
40 Jalan Tampin 2
off Jalan Goh Hock Road.

HP: 019-277 8236 (Vincent)
Tel: 03 3343 1823

Hammer, Jarance, tq for the replies.

(was supposed to post yesterday, but tired...haha)

Ended up going to Heritage Services.. The guys there were very helpful and I especially liked the prompt service.

Damage to pocket: about 2k, but money well spent as I drove to Penang without a worry.

The price was (unexpectedly) cheaper than in Sabah.

Would heartily recommend them again to any BMW owners.

AB Glenmarie has a poor reputation eh? Was seriously considering to take my baby there... Thank God I didn't.

Must make appointment at AB Glenmarie... you might have to wait!!

Heritage in OKR?

BTW, how much to ship a car from Sabah to P Klang?

jarance;483288 said:
Must make appointment at AB Glenmarie... you might have to wait!!

Heritage in OKR?

BTW, how much to ship a car from Sabah to P Klang?

yessir, Heritage in OKR.

To ship a car from Sabah to P. Klang costs about RM 2600 - that's what it costed me.

DanZ, your earlier posting mention Belting issues. Mind sharing with us what was done to chalk up a RM2K!! bill? BTW what model is your car?

DanZ;483235 said:
Hammer, Jarance, tq for the replies.

(was supposed to post yesterday, but tired...haha)

Ended up going to Heritage Services.. The guys there were very helpful and I especially liked the prompt service.

Damage to pocket: about 2k, but money well spent as I drove to Penang without a worry.

The price was (unexpectedly) cheaper than in Sabah.

Would heartily recommend them again to any BMW owners.

AB Glenmarie has a poor reputation eh? Was seriously considering to take my baby there... Thank God I didn't.

*grins*

(been busy again with work, aha)

Vincent, Hammer, it wasn't just the belting issues! Sorry, I didn't clarify that earlier.

it was belting + the suspension rods (front wheel).

Centre tie rods, front suspension bushing, the works! That and plus 2 new front tires (Conti Comfort Contact 2) since the front tires 'makan dalam' :D

KK roads are VERY rough on the car suspension....

All that is left is to fix the air-con; the two bent front rims; and a few niggles with the engine.

Edit: I'm driving an E34. (and dreaming of an F10.... anyone got a 6D toto number to share? :wink:)

Hi Danz

First I thought it was too expensive, now it sounds incredibly cheap!! 2 new front Contis + alignment/balancing would cost around rm1000 already! Then belting, the spring rods and center tie rods with labour = another 1000 only? Must be the best workshop in town.... =P

Question to E34 owners, out of curiousity how much does a new pair of front wheel arms cost? The balljoint ones, German made non originals. Had mine replaced recently due to steering freeplay when braking from high speed and cost rm250.

Hammer278;485252 said:
Hi Danz

First I thought it was too expensive, now it sounds incredibly cheap!! 2 new front Contis + alignment/balancing would cost around rm1000 already! Then belting, the spring rods and center tie rods with labour = another 1000 only? Must be the best workshop in town.... =P

Question to E34 owners, out of curiousity how much does a new pair of front wheel arms cost? The balljoint ones, German made non originals. Had mine replaced recently due to steering freeplay when braking from high speed and cost rm250.

Hammer, Klang ma.. Port Klang dekat aja... :p it's a tyre shop that just happened to be next to where I was staying (Crystal Crown Harbor View, Klang) forgot the name of the shop, gonna have a look through the bill later. 2 Tires + alignment was 470. Then at Heritage RM 1.6k plus labor, and they did it in 2 hrs flat! Salute abis the guys...

2 Contis and allignment 470? Thats pretty damn impressive. I asked a tyre shop (Conti) situated in a BHP station in Sunway for all four changes and they quoted rm2200 including balancing/allignment. I knew it's a bit of a ripoff but expected Conti tyres to be quite expensive anyway. Right now I have Astar (Sime) tyres....can't wait for them to wear out to get back to Conti shoes for my car. If you could tell me the name of this shop, will really appreciate it!

Top Bottom