Upgrading & Updating Software

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

redbeemer

Club Guest
Dear Bimmer Sifus...Here's a question that I've been wanting to post and ask ever since I got my hands on my first bimmer and joined the club here.Is there such thing as updating the On-Board-Computer software?If there is, where can I get it done? Btw, It's n e36, 328i, year 1996.Hoping someone here can enlightened me as I am very, very new in the bmw world.Much obliged on the help & info that I can get.

You can get a programmable chip and get your ECU to be re-programmed though... more Umphh for your car.

Originally posted by Breakpopin@Dec 14 2005, 04:50 PM
You can get a programmable chip and get your ECU to be re-programmed though... more Umphh for your car.
err, no you can't... everything is wired in.

I was referring to chips like the Superchip which i have it in my car. Cant be done on the 328s?

Originally posted by Breakpopin@Dec 19 2005, 02:38 PM
I was referring to chips like the Superchip which i have it in my car. Cant be done on the 328s?
he was talking about the obc software... which has nothing to do with the chip you are talking about.

Aaa yes, it's the On-Board-Computer. Well if there aren't any, it sure is worth taking a look at what breakpopin has recommended... B)

Cheers all...
RedBeemer

Top Bottom