Unofficial: BMWCM MacUserGroupExchange Thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BlackCat

Founding Member
Staff member
Typical of any community we are in, there would be several individuals of similar 'traits'. Likewise in this Club/Forum, there are a score of persons who are already seasoned Mac users, converts and those contemplating that 'leap of faith'... :top:For some, it has been in their veins since school/collage/uni days and others [like me...] a convert. Nonetheless, I strongly feel and experience [since my converting] the strong bond of 'brother/sisterhood' within the Mac 'family'. :love:And for this reason, I am starting this 'MacUserGroupExchange' thread. For anyone, everyone and anything Apple/Mac. For you to ask, exchange, buy, sell, swap... whatever. In the hopes that, we, as a Mac user would benefit from this and for those that is not [yet a Mackie] would be converting soon enough! Hehehe :wink:BlackCat

And to start off with this new thread...

Anyone had upgraded to the new iLife09 and iWork09? What's your take on the new features...???

Got my MacBook in Oct08... so I missed the special upgrade offer for 09.

Looking for a kind soul for the codes... ;) Anyone?

BlackCat

I bought an iMac 24" screen (later version) in June last year, mainly because I had an iphone. I have hardly ever used the iMac> As for the iPhone: I got very bored of it and gave it away. I thought of it as a toy or just an entertainment phone with hardly any seriousness in it.

Then, I bought a Nokia e71 - one of Nokia's best every produced phones. Now, I am selling it. I bought a Blackberry Bold. This phone suits me just fine. Great!

INNOVATOR;405994 said:
I bought an iMac 24" screen (later version) in June last year, mainly because I had an iphone. I have hardly ever used the iMac> As for the iPhone: I got very bored of it and gave it away. I thought of it as a toy or just an entertainment phone with hardly any seriousness in it.

Then, I bought a Nokia e71 - one of Nokia's best every produced phones. Now, I am selling it. I bought a Blackberry Bold. This phone suits me just fine. Great!

How much you letting go of the e71?

P.S (Sorry Blackcat, disturb your thread a bit)

loafer;405999 said:
How much you letting go of the e71?

P.S (Sorry Blackcat, disturb your thread a bit)

No worries bro... appy trading :)

PS: Hope to see you in our Ampang TT one of these days...

BlackCat;405974 said:
And to start off with this new thread...

Anyone had upgraded to the new iLife09 and iWork09? What's your take on the new features...???

Got my MacBook in Oct08... so I missed the special upgrade offer for 09.

Looking for a kind soul for the codes... ;) Anyone?

BlackCat

One of my school mates just gave me a whole bunch of software which includes iLife, iWork09, Aperture2.0, Adobe Lightroom 2.0 and etc. Can pass to you this weekend if you wish :)

Cheers

ALBundy;408855 said:
One of my school mates just gave me a whole bunch of software which includes iLife, iWork09, Aperture2.0, Adobe Lightroom 2.0 and etc. Can pass to you this weekend if you wish :)

Cheers

One word... SUPER!!! I'll be call you soon.

i have never used a mac before other than attempts in uni (where i hated how you have to click the eject button to get your floppy disk out). i am contemplating getting a second hand macbook (anyone selling?) just to process my photos. i am a bit lost in this and would be grateful for help.

If I bought a Big Mac for lunch, can I join this group? *cabut*

Have fun with Apples..... I only am a user of an IPod Classic and IPod Nano. Would love to ask questions on this but I think not relevant in this thread..

ALBundy;408855 said:

Cheers

thats worth a couple of grand there at least ! someone's very lucky. :)

bimmerdude;408890 said:
thats worth a couple of grand there at least ! someone's very lucky. :)

Yeah, he passed me like 10 softwares!! He is another crazy mac user!:top:

ah lian;408887 said:
i have never used a mac before other than attempts in uni (where i hated how you have to click the eject button to get your floppy disk out). i am contemplating getting a second hand macbook (anyone selling?) just to process my photos. i am a bit lost in this and would be grateful for help.

Been trying out iPhoto and Aperture2.0.

I find these softwares (very similar) are more appropriate towards managing your photos. There are some basic editing features like correcting WB, exposure, sharpening, cropping and etc, which is very accessible via just a simple click. Btw, if you shoot RAW then you need to use Nikon Transfer and convert it using ViewNX or Capture NX. iPhoto/Aperture wont be able to read RAW files.

I find adobe lightroom 2.0 very useful, almost as good as CaptureNX 2, minus the U point technology, which is why I am sticking with Capture NX2 to edit my pictures and then load it onto iPhoto or Aperture for storage/presentation.

Get a Mac, it's pretty cool!!:top:

In the Mac world, bole ka pinjam2 software ini macam? hehehe :p

I quit on mac after so many time it gave me the dreaded black bomb *duh* long, long time ago.

But if any of you experienced data loss on mac, I'd be glad to help - special privilege for Official club members ;)

syahruln;408982 said:
In the Mac world, bole ka pinjam2 software ini macam? hehehe :p

I quit on mac after so many time it gave me the dreaded black bomb *duh* long, long time ago.

But if any of you experienced data loss on mac, I'd be glad to help - special privilege for Official club members ;)

Ahhh, the fun days of Mac OS Classic. Usually caused by an extension conflict, for those still using the classic OS, boot with the SHIFT key pressed to start without extensions. Or better yet, use Conflict Catcher for MAC OS 7 to 9.2.

does anyone know how to get the idrive to read the iphone's music library ?

syahruln, was that in the CS dept computer cluster? had same issues back then while doing some Mac stuff. There were so few decent Macs back then to work on the Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Pagemaker stuff.... btw, that was like 1995 or so? Shoot, I feel old :p

Hey, thinking about it, since when you did Mac stuff, Syahruln? Thought you only hang out in the main comp cluster (can't remember the name, closest to Forbes Ave) playing C & C for three days straight :p

mana ada bro, aku quit mac masa kat bloomington lagi 92-93. My first mac experience was long before that maybe around 88-90. Got 1 uncle who kept spending 11k-13k for the then latest mac computers. Still couldn't forget the day he boasted to me he bought a very large external harddisk for mac, about 1'x1'x3" dimension with a whopping 50MB capacity. *crazy*

C&C? U must have confused me with Aweng la bro... ;)

Top Bottom