Unable to open fuel cover

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

daan

Club Guest
Dear sifu,I'm having this strange problem for the past few weeks. 1. When I want to fill petrol, I cannot open the petrol cover, it's locked.2. I tried to lock and unlock the car with the key but the petrol cover is still locked.3. I tried lock and unlock manually with the lock button in the car, same thing.4. Open the trunk, pull the green level inside the trunk, same thing.5. Start the car, lock/unlock, switch off engine, same thing.6. Drove home since I cannot fill up, lock/unlock a few times, than ok.Happen every time I want the fill up for the past few weeks, any idea?

your fuel door actuator on the way out oledi.try remove it from the car and exercise the actuator or perhaps if possible give it a good dab of lubricating oil and see if it works.cud save you a few ringgit.....

did u hear the sound "tat" from the motor/actuator inside the trunk whenever u lock or unlock your car? just to make the fuel lock actuator is working fine..

And mine is exact opposite, it never locks....even when the car is locked you can still open the fuel cover/flap.

zeedo;590592 said:
And mine is exact opposite, it never locks....even when the car is locked you can still open the fuel cover/flap.

your problem could be due to broken fuse or the actuator itself. Sometime loose connection could be the cause as well.

daan;590456 said:
Dear sifu,

I'm having this strange problem for the past few weeks.

1. When I want to fill petrol, I cannot open the petrol cover, it's locked.
2. I tried to lock and unlock the car with the key but the petrol cover is still locked.
3. I tried lock and unlock manually with the lock button in the car, same thing.
4. Open the trunk, pull the green level inside the trunk, same thing.
5. Start the car, lock/unlock, switch off engine, same thing.
6. Drove home since I cannot fill up, lock/unlock a few times, than ok.

Happen every time I want the fill up for the past few weeks, any idea?

Pertaining to item 4, this is the manual bypass. Sometime, you have to pull a bit harder in order to release the latch.

You may have a loose connection at the actuator side or a sticky actuator.

Open the side cover (just above the battery) to get access to the actuator. The actuator should move in or out when you push or pull the lever.

The actuator will either extend or retract the lever depending on the polarity of the supply to the terminals.

see item #12

Side panel/tail trim - BMW parts catalog

Zeedo, you are in better position than me, imagine, going to petrol station, cannot open the door, car is running low in fuel......embarrassing and scary.

I think you guys solved the problem, the actuator may be retiring soon, I tried pulling the green cable very hard but still can't open, maybe it's stuck also......When it's not opening, than there's no sound at all from the actuator, maybe i'll just remove it.

Zeedo, you are in better position than me, imagine, going to petrol station, cannot open the door, car is running low in fuel......embarrassing and scary.

Don't scary bro, got a lot of Sifu & Master here especially the MASTER JARANCE will help without any single doubt.

my broken...close by force by the petrol attendent...haate tht fella...just leave it unfix for now...

Top Bottom