Trunk (boot) Struts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cloudbuster

Club Guest
I've been searching for a pair of E32 trunk struts for quite some time now. Anyone knows any place where I could get them in KL or even possibly refurbish them? Tks..

you mean the hydraulics struts, left n right ?

by the way, they can't be refurbished.. buy new... i just did at inner power, 03 62517677... RM65 each...

pussy;666533 said:
you mean the hydraulics struts, left n right ?

by the way, they can't be refurbished.. buy new... i just did at inner power, 03 62517677... RM65 each...

Thanks for the lead! RM65 each brand new is pretty affordable.. Can't wait to get them replaced. Will go there tomorrow.

Eh Pussy, if not mistaken, I bought a pair of new boot struts from Ortojaya in Sunway Mentari. Place was recommended by Gregcwho. Can't recall how much I got them for, but the price is definitely about RM100 for one piece.

Changed the struts and my boot works well now.

Replaced the struts with new ones:
IMAG0984.jpg

I don't have pics of the struts though.

it depends on the brand, mine is a german oem type, maybe yours was original....

er, why is your boot toolbox with tape ? the telinga nut broke ka ?

pussy;666732 said:
it depends on the brand, mine is a german oem type, maybe yours was original....

er, why is your boot toolbox with tape ? the telinga nut broke ka ?

Hehe precautionary measure only bro. Previously the toolbox clip broke, then bought a new screw from ebay, and the problem has been rectified. But the tape is still on just in case the cover suddenly pops open someday. :biggrin:

Top Bottom