Towing Eye Cover ( Rear Bumper )

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

etquah

Either naughty kid or "pokai" BMW driver stole from my car at shopping complex in KL. Suspect it is a BMW driver's as I saw one that park 3 lot away from me and also with the missing cover. I thought the thief might steal from the 2 cars at a go but on second thought maybe this person took from my car since his is missing !!Anyone had spare to sell to me before I order from Ingress ? Colour : Blue Water

ET, owner driving E90 where got pokai?

btw, how much did Ingress quote you?

If do outside, the 2k paint job should cost at least RM30, but using the SC paint shop, color match should appear better.

This is your alternative: :D
TOW_HOOK2.jpg

.. and it will look like this :eek:
TOW_HOOK.jpg

err.. you need a K&N bumper sticker? get the original @ RM20! +5hp.. :wink:

Buy from outside also RM65 without spraying. Have to look for someone to spray such a small piece part. Ingress says about RM70. Monday only can get official price.

i have experienced same problem with you etquah.. the towing cap missing.. it has cost me around RM50++ at AB Glenmarie. The cap price is not that expensive but the paint job is gonna be quite expensive even for small job. But i'm very lucky to get that price. the service agent told me that i'm lucky because somebody car having same color with my car did a major paint job, so he just "tumpang" paint for my towing cap. if not, i have to pay RM50-RM70 just for the painting only. If i'm not mistaken only SC with painting department can do it such as AB Glenmarie. others AB SC do not have painting department. please correct me guys if i'm wrong.

Lost mine twice. I believe due to washing the car using hi pressure spray and the thing was accidentally depressed. Then when driving, the vibrations caused it to drop off. Costs 70 to replace at the SC. Took two cable ties and tied it to the interior bracket to ensure no more repeat incidents. Recommend everyone do the same.

enJINer;596810 said:
...If i'm not mistaken only SC with painting department can do it such as AB Glenmarie. others AB SC do not have painting department. please correct me guys if i'm wrong.

Yes, correct. Apparently only AB Glenmarie, Ingress Auto and Tian Siang are the only BMW outhorised SC that does bodywork and paintwork in peninsula malayisa. So other outlets will either send to one of these 3 branches for paintwork or elsewhere? Hmmm, elsewhere sounds scary.... :)

Any decent paintshop can do a BMW - the colours are all coded. I've done touchups twice already at an outside paintshop, no problem matching the SG perfectly.

It's only a car after all. :wink:

True, so why pay more for a paint touchup? A complete respray maybe, but nobody is going to notice a touchup.

I don't even know who or where is the shop that did my touchups and repair/respray of my wheels. All handled by my tire shop and the car sent back to my house while I was overseas. And I forgot to pay for 2 months when I returned! :4:

Hahahha, ya, i kinda agree with astroboy....no doubt its just a car, or just an expensive car, but the risk of trusting your car with an average skilled vehicle body painter is a scary thing. For instance, if your car is Alpine White, slightly aged, say 3yrs old with a certain degree of exposure to the elements, then, a new coat of same paint (based on the code) is applied by an avge sifu, the difference is noticeable. Then, you'll get two shades of white, one for the original 3yr old paint, and the other, the respective resprayed section....now that is something i don't wanna go through. But for a small two cap, maybe no differfence as the surface to be sprayed is negligeble. So, IMHO, i'd rather send to someone I trust who is not only just skilled enough to respray, but has an eye for detail to match the existing paint colour of the non affected panels. Hope this makes sense....this is where i am coming from...

Well, ask the SCs whether their body and paint shop is inhouse and 'BMW-trained', or a licenced outsource somewhere else, before you pay +50% more.

Hmmm, I have seen the work for AutoBavaria Glenmarie, and since for the AUtoBavaria Group, the Glenmarie branch is the only authorised body and repair service center plus i have seen their work, I kinda trust them as they have done so many resprays all these years. But for the rest of the dealers, hmmm....I dare not say anything. The other independant workshop i totally trust is Veng Cheong in PJ (Jln 222/Jln Tandang area). He is very good.....but the only thing is, his workshop is not very tidy and initial impression is not that convincing....once pass that, and see the work of his hands, one will wonder and amaze at his ability to match the colours and the outcome, its very difficult to spot the difference with an untrained eye, thats how good they are. :)

FYI, Tian Siang Ipoh outsources the painting. I know as they send to my friend's shop! LOL

Why dont we start a new thread on a list of good paint shops that we had experienced before. Is there a thread for this before ?

So Tian Siang, one of the 3 BMW authorised SC for bodywork and paintwork, outsources. And I know the Ingress 'official' paintshop is in Kepong...

Top Bottom