Tough time looking for the right E36 318

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi Guys

Just to check with you all, E 36 318 year 96/97 model the salesman told me this car manufactured year 96 but registered at 97 and spec is 97.

I ask him how to differentiate 96 or 97, he told me to look at the gear nob
96 Gear nob is L shape and 97 gear nob is round shape. He also mention
the air cond for 97 have climate control wish 96 don't.

The interior of this car is well maintain but the paint work in some area chip off. also notice front right hand fender below minor touch up work had done. Salesman told me is a CKD model, fabric seat and asking for 53k.

I am planing to bring a mechanic to check this car. So guys what you all think of this car. Pls advise.

Cheers

my 96 model has climatic control . yes , the 96 model gear knob is L shape . im selling mine also hehehe ...

Asking E36 sifoo here,

Does BMW E36 ( 318,325,328) comes with Transmission Oil Cooler as standard equipment ?

I'm asking this because Proton Perdana ( SeI,V6 ) should come with Transmission Oil Cooler but because of cost factor, Proton exclude them. Thus, many Perdana gearbox can only last less than 100k km .

Veyr much thank you.

I have got it. 97 328i ;) thanks again for all the comments here. Already had a bimmer mech check it all over, including checking all the fault readouts..etc. Sending it to workshop for complete once over this weekend and bracing my wallet...

sorry bazet, i have no idea. but I think no oil cooler for the E36. The only reason why the perdana v6 needed an oil cooler upgrade, was because of the mitsubishi gearbox they used. If you do plenty of very hard driving, the chances of failure is higher. But if driven normally around, you shouldn't have any problems. If you do drive hard, change trans fluid more frequently.

Originally posted by GUN@Jul 3 2006, 12:12 PM
Hi Guys

Just to check with you all, E 36 318 year 96/97 model the salesman told me this car manufactured year 96 but registered at 97 and spec is 97.

I ask him how to differentiate 96 or 97, he told me to look at the gear nob
96 Gear nob is L shape and 97 gear nob is round shape. He also mention
the air cond for 97 have climate control wish 96 don't.

The interior of this car is well maintain but the paint work in some area chip off. also notice front right hand fender below minor touch up work had done. Salesman told me is a CKD model, fabric seat and asking for 53k.

I am planing to bring a mechanic to check this car. So guys what you all think of this car. Pls advise.

Cheers
There are vehicle manufactured in December 96 and reg in early 97. So you should pay for 96 price. The difference is
1) kidney grille
2) side signal light( smaller)
3) ABS pump( square and silver)
4) wide angle side mirror
5) interior floor light
6) front bumper ( same as 325/328)
7) rear netting for front seats
8)gear knob
9)steering wheel ( different design)
10) 2 belts for rear boot floor board.
11) color coded bumper and rear number plate light with car color.

Congratulation on your new ride....

How much you bought it ?

I'm looking for one too, but it will take time. There one selling for 68K..150km mileage...just overhauled gearbox..really like thid one...But just now I saw a 1997 328 selling for 58k with AB service record history....

Machinehead.

Any idea how much to pay, since is a 97 spec.

Thanks for your infor.

Gun,
It is in the region of 50K plus. Check service record and repair bills to verify the price . Some may be cheaper but then you end up footing the repair bills.

I'm looking for a 325/328 around 50 region. let me know if u guys see anything.

Machinehead

Thank God i brought the mechanic, that car is bad news.
Anyway, i think better look for 99 model.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Originally posted by bazet@Jul 7 2006, 07:28 PM
Congratulation on your new ride....

How much you bought it ?

I'm looking for one too, but it will take time. There one selling for 68K..150km mileage...just overhauled gearbox..really like thid one...But just now I saw a 1997 328 selling for 58k with AB service record history....
thanks.. i got it for quite a good price. Rm55k. originally wanted RM65. managed to bargain it away.
The banks market valuation of the car is rm68k.

car has full original M3 bodykit, brand new paint, and all new leather, but horrible 15" rims.. previous guy must have sold it off. so i'm on the hunt now for rims.

I only spent RM2800 to get the car up to full running order. changed all new rotors, pads, steering rack and power steering pump serviced. new tie rod ends, flywheel seals, couple of new hoses in the engine, new front antiroll bar lingkage, changed all fluids, gearbox, diff, engine. and some others.. will post up my full list of items changed soon. car feels like brand new now.

Top Bottom