Toe-out

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

M30

Club Guest
My ride is a E23I was looking at he details of my car and notice that the wheels did not look that right so i took a look from the front of my car, the wheels are pointing out wards which i remember it is toe-out from playing radio-control car. So i send to get the alignment done but the tyre shop told me it was toe-in. The tyre still look like it is toe-out. Does caster has anything to do with it? i remember the dude keep telling me he could not do anything coz the caster could not be adjusted. But again i remember caster only comes into action when there is steering input. Another thing is that my car creeps slowly to the left everytime even after the allignment is done. The shop which i did the alignment told it is normal. Is it true?Need some advice from the experts.

Question 1 - what is your camber, caster, toe settings front left, front right, rear left and rear right?

Question 2 - where did you do your alignment?

Go to AB Glenmarie for alignment - costly but accurate. They use weights too (as recommended by BMW), which none of the tyre shops I know do.

Originally posted by wglee@Jun 28 2006, 09:41 AM
Go to AB Glenmarie for alignment - costly but accurate. They use weights too (as recommended by BMW), which none of the tyre shops I know do.
veer to the left - this seem to be the case for most BMW, including mine.

I heard a good alignment shop is Kee Hin at Old Klang Road, before Pearl Point....

Originally posted by Lee36328@Jun 18 2006, 08:45 AM
Question 1 - what is your camber, caster, toe settings front left, front right, rear left and rear right?

1. you might be able to get this from the net or the shop's machine should have the standard settings

2. GS in SS2, Taman Mayang, or Sri Manja.

Originally posted by Lee36328@Jun 18 2006, 08:45 AM

sorry for the late reply, have not been visiting this site for a while. I am really not sure but i remember looking at the monitor when they were doing the allignment. Chamber was 0.45 i think but i remember the toe was -0.62. i was asking him him why he did not adjust the toe to 0, but he kept telling me that the caster was not adjustable.

I got the alignment done at some new shop near Atria.

does anyone know what is the toe and chamber setting for BMW E23? but if they don't know should they just set them to 0 or something? another thing is does the toe have any link to the caster?? as i remember it is a whole different thing(used to play the nitro R/C car).

wonder if they are telling me rubbish coz i am young and new to driving.

Originally posted by M30@Jun 17 2006, 11:59 PM
My ride is a E23

I was looking at he details of my car and notice that the wheels did not look that right so i took a look from the front of my car, the wheels are pointing out wards which i remember it is toe-out from playing radio-control car. So i send to get the alignment done but the tyre shop told me it was toe-in. The tyre still look like it is toe-out. Does caster has anything to do with it? i remember the dude keep telling me he could not do anything coz the caster could not be adjusted. But again i remember caster only comes into action when there is steering input.

Another thing is that my car creeps slowly to the left everytime even after the allignment is done. The shop which i did the alignment told it is normal. Is it true?

Need some advice from the experts.
I was looking at he details of my car and notice that the wheels did not look that right so i took a look from the front of my car, the wheels are pointing out wards which i remember it is toe-out from playing radio-control car.

Pointing out wards does not mean toe-out... Normally they have the print out... check the details. By the way what rim are you using ??? Tyre size and etc.

So i send to get the alignment done but the tyre shop told me it was toe-in. The tyre still look like it is toe-out.

Again...get the print out....

Does caster has anything to do with it? i remember the dude keep telling me he could not do anything coz the caster could not be adjusted. But again i remember caster only comes into action when there is steering input.

Not sure about the caster... but my e46 has something to do with the chamber.... RIM 17" MSport Tyre 225/45 front 245/40 rear Goodyear F1. Did at AB but ampesss... after 3months it happen again... finally i go to Ah KIn at Sunway and it is good till now!!!

Another thing is that my car creeps slowly to the left everytime even after the allignment is done. The shop which i did the alignment told it is normal. Is it true?

Bull**** if not the people dont invent the alingnment machine right.... the thing is he cannot solve it thats y he said like that...like what AB told we becoz of the big rim's.... huh :angry: ... finally why i can solve it at Sunway... da la mahal kat AB tuh...

Need some advice from the experts.

PM me for details....

Top Bottom