to share what i happily discovered..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ashman55

Club Guest
I always do my own detailing for my beloved E90 cos I never trusted the car wash outlet to do a good job.I wash it weekly,but i always got dishearten to see that after 2 days ,my rims turn dirty again with brake dust and by the time of the weekly washing the rims are totally blanketed with brake dust.Now my rims stay relatively clean with a lot less brake dust and very easy to clean since I start polish those rims which I bought at ACE for something like RM10.If u have the same problem please try polish the rims.I think it help cos the polish repel the brake dust so it wont easily stick to your beautiful shiny rims.

ashman55;373699 said:
I always do my own detailing for my beloved E90 cos I never trusted the car wash outlet to do a good job.I wash it weekly,but i always got dishearten to see that after 2 days ,my rims turn dirty again with brake dust and by the time of the weekly washing the rims are totally blanketed with brake dust.Now my rims stay relatively clean with a lot less brake dust and very easy to clean since I start polish those rims which I bought at ACE for something like RM10.If u have the same problem please try polish the rims.I think it help cos the polish repel the brake dust so it wont easily stick to your beautiful shiny rims.

Yeah our BMW Jurid OEM brake pads do give out a lot of dust. I use BMW car shampoo which generate a lot of suds to effectively lift dust off the wheels and keep it protected. Only thing is have to do this at least twice a week. I generally stay away from wheel cleaners as they consist of strong chemicals which although break down brake dust crusted to the wheel, also deteriorate the wheel finish over time. Clear coat wears down and rims turn color. I also wash the rims on the surface inside the wheel. A real pain, but it helps keep the wheel lasting longer from brake dust buildup on the outside face of the rim.

E46Fanatic;373709 said:
Yeah our BMW Jurid OEM brake pads do give out a lot of dust. I use BMW car shampoo which generate a lot of suds to effectively lift dust off the wheels and keep it protected. Only thing is have to do this at least twice a week. I generally stay away from wheel cleaners as they consist of strong chemicals which although break down brake dust crusted to the wheel, also deteriorate the wheel finish over time. Clear coat wears down and rims turn color. I also wash the rims on the surface inside the wheel. A real pain, but it helps keep the wheel lasting longer from brake dust buildup on the outside face of the rim.

BMW car shampoo? original? how much and where did u get it?

Russie;374148 said:
BMW car shampoo? original? how much and where did u get it?
You can get it off at AB, Sapura Auto or Ingress Auto at their accessories dept. Per bottle (1 lt) is ~RM37 I think. Good stuff:top:

I always wax my rims at least once a week using soft99 ... apply liberally with the wax then wipe it off after 5-10 minutes ... brake dust are a lot easier to remove after you wax d rims just wipe it with a cloth or hose it wit water

Top Bottom