Tire rotation TPMS resetting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ehoe

Club Guest
Need to do a tire rotation on my F30 soon. Do we need to do anything to the TPMS when rotating tires? How will TPMS know tire has been moved around and updates the right tire location in idrive? I know you can do a TPMS reset in idrive, will this do the trick?

Tx.

ehoe said:
Need to do a tire rotation on my F30 soon. Do we need to do anything to the TPMS when rotating tires? How will TPMS know tire has been moved around and updates the right tire location in idrive? I know you can do a TPMS reset in idrive, will this do the trick?

Tx.
The TPMS for the BMW is not like those offered by the 3rd party makers like Orange where each sensor is on the rim itself. The ones offered is actually measured using the wheel speed sensor via the ABS. This is different from the models in the US where it is mandatory for cars to include the actual TPMS system (with the tyre valves and stems).

Hence your iDrive will NOT show where the tyre has moved.

Mavik said:
The TPMS for the BMW is not like those offered by the 3rd party makers like Orange where each sensor is on the rim itself. The ones offered is actually measured using the wheel speed sensor via the ABS. This is different from the models in the US where it is mandatory for cars to include the actual TPMS system (with the tyre valves and stems).

Wow I always thought ours is the same as the ones our US counterparts are using. Thanks for the info.

Mavik said:

Thanks for the info. So I can just rotate my tires and just do a reset/initialize of the TPMS on idrive. Since there is no actual sensor in each tire the TPMS will still show the correct tire location on idrive. Hope I got it right.

Cool. Thanks again

ehoe said:
Thanks for the info. So I can just rotate my tires and just do a reset/initialize of the TPMS on idrive. Since there is no actual sensor in each tire the TPMS will still show the correct tire location on idrive. Hope I got it right.

Cool. Thanks again
Yeah just do your normal rotation or alignment. I did mine without knowing there was no sensor within the wheel and iDrive didn't show any error after I reset it.

Top Bottom