Tips for buying a 7'er.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ultimate5121

Hey brothers! I actually am keen on buying a 7 series. And I am considering either e65 730Li 2007 and above or F02 730Ld 2009 and above. I have been trying to do some research as which would be the most appropriate but from my own knowledge, I know the newer the model, the year and also millage, its better to buy such car. But I have also learnt that older models which are well maintained also are a good buy. But the thing is that I am more in favour of 730Ld as i love the millage and also I love how the car looks inside and also out. But I dont mind e65 as well. So here is something that I would like to ask everyone, what would be the maintenance cost in terms of major? Cause I know that there is a thread covered by one of our brother here but mostly are general items which are also useful but not many or none(maybe i havent found yet) are also for F02. :( Can anyone help me cause i am looking to purchase one real soon! Thanks a lot brothers. And who knows this thread could be useful for anyone else as well.!

Cheers!

i have just got a f02 730Ld
on top of my big boy 750iL E38

both are awesome ride

i prefer the handling of the E38. F02 is a little too clever for its own good.. U want?? if the price is right..

Alantiong, well i was talking to a few friends of mine whom owned F02 730Ld and shockingly they all dont know about the maintenance after BSRI. I mean i know them personally and they are the type of people whom still would like to know what they paying for also. I tried calling AB and they said they also dont know. :( And I have been looking at 730Li and am going to go for it. Just that I have no idea where to search for maintenance value in Malaysia. I dont really know any mechanics who deal with BMW as this will be my first UDM. Just would like to know how much it cost only as I really love the pleasure of it.

well like 90% of 7 series owners.. neer need to think about maintenance because its company owned.

well maintenance for a 7 sereies ..no matter which model.. except 728i (e38) all others are not for the faint hearted.

For my F02, i believe a realistic number to put on is about 6-7K a year maintenance alone. assuming 20-30k km mileage a year. small things from switches and leaking wiper bottles and not to mention big items like suspension. as the car reach 8-10 years i believe you are looking at 10K if you want to keep the car to the condition that i do.

for my 750iL, its running at 130k km as per now, its in workshop for top manifold service (not even repair). just periodic planned maintenance, changing all rubber parts and gaskets. parts alone is around 7K.

i am more than happy to assist and advice as i am real 7'er enthusiast and this is my third.

alantiong said:
well like 90% of 7 series owners.. neer need to think about maintenance because its company owned.

well maintenance for a 7 sereies ..no matter which model.. except 728i (e38) all others are not for the faint hearted.

For my F02, i believe a realistic number to put on is about 6-7K a year maintenance alone. assuming 20-30k km mileage a year. small things from switches and leaking wiper bottles and not to mention big items like suspension. as the car reach 8-10 years i believe you are looking at 10K if you want to keep the car to the condition that i do.

for my 750iL, its running at 130k km as per now, its in workshop for top manifold service (not even repair). just periodic planned maintenance, changing all rubber parts and gaskets. parts alone is around 7K.

i am more than happy to assist and advice as i am real 7'er enthusiast and this is my third.
Hey alantiong! sorry for the reply. i have pm u. hope u reply

alantiong said:
i have just got a f02 730Ld
on top of my big boy 750iL E38

both are awesome ride

i prefer the handling of the E38. F02 is a little too clever for its own good.. U want?? if the price is right..
greetings mr. alantiong,

may i know where do you send your E38 for maintenance and service?

Hi guys. I'm not a 7 series owner bit seriously considering one since the price has come to an attractive range for the 2009 model. I'm thinking of buying 730Ld. What's are the things that I need to know before buying this model.

Top Bottom