Time to service

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jeffreylee23

Club Guest
Guys, I have been driving my car since i got it since May 2005. Its a e60 520i. Great car and no regrets, car noob here, wondering when will be the first service? Its already been a year but according to the manual, we should send for service once the indicator on the i-drive popeed up.The problem is i have driven it fr entirely 1 year and my mileage is about 12k only. So when will be the suitable time to send in for service? :unsure:

have booked a service appointment with AB tomorrow. Thanks for all advice. Been a noob in all this modern car where only service at 25000km oils. So not use to it. Anyway, what type of engine oil they use? Why it can last till so good when fully syn ony last us max 10000km?

Since BMW says 25k km per service, then just follow it unless you are better than BMW who makes them and know the car better than anybody else. :D

AB use Shell Helix Ultra, they are ok.

Can change ur coolant also, is less than 50 buck. keep your radiator clean.

Engine Components and design made up the difference, but 1 year is good time to change.

did the service at AB Sg Besi, car responded so much better. Bill came up to RM550. Guess its time to service anyway. Gonna have a great drive to Penang tomorrow!

Top Bottom