Thinking of downgrade.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mienoz

Club Guest
I had this thought since fuel price hike and need your experts advise on feasibility of it. mine is e36 328i 97 with fc ranging RM0.29 -0.32 per km. yes, have been asked around for sale/trade and guess what, it's price is damn f*** drop / low, and need to top-up a lot of money. Now, the BIG question is.... Car is still under bank loan, can i do the engine swap? If yes..then it makes sense for me to ask next questions...:wink: thanks...guys

sorry..forgot some facts fyi

if to sale/trade will cost me ~ RM30K to top-up. that's how engine downgrade come into picture....

To down grade you just nee to buy the engine only.Are you looking at 325i engine bro.

mie....hang nak buat apa downgrade...satgi dah swap engine lagi penin hang tau ka...

hang aangkat satu motor speda cukup la...

jiwa kacau la hang ni...

mienoz;341793 said:
I had this thought since fuel price hike and need your experts advise on feasibility of it.

mine is e36 328i 97 with fc ranging RM0.29 -0.32 per km. yes, have been asked around for sale/trade and guess what, it's price is damn f*** drop / low, and need to top-up a lot of money. Now, the BIG question is....

Car is still under bank loan, can i do the engine swap?

If yes..then it makes sense for me to ask next questions...:wink:

thanks...guys

If that's the consumption you are getting with the new fuel price then I would say that it's pretty good. Do you know a 325i or 320i could be more? A Putra or Perdana is higher than the figures quoted.

I drive the 318i and I think that engine size is economical. At 90KM/h I do 5L/100KM. I'm currently plotting a chart of fuel consumption across speed ranges.

khalidm3;341803 said:
mie....hang nak buat apa downgrade...satgi dah swap engine lagi penin hang tau ka...

hang aangkat satu motor speda cukup la...

jiwa kacau la hang ni...

bro mie ,

i have to agreed with khalidm3 . there are too many unknown factors / variables .... bank loan , insurance , legitimacy , puspakom , donor engines , etc , etc ...

you are well better of to get a second car / bike for daily ride .
people would understand ..he he he ...

mine is e36 328i 97 with fc ranging RM0.29 -0.32 per km

Frankly speaking, it's not too bad... my manual E30 318i's' is doing about 29sen/km...
U want good consumption, better with a manual conversion... or get a kancil for daily drive...
But I think kancil price also could have gone up now that everyone tokking about getting a kancil.. hahaha

yups! my uncle bought a manual 660 kancil and left his e39 at home. lol.

engine downgrade is lots of hassle (to source the engine, to fit it, and to solve any coming problems) plus to get it registered, puspakom and jpj... if you use runner, it'll cost a lot.

yeah if you downgrade engine and keep the auto gearbox your fc probably wont improve much if at all, not to mention all the other headaches and cost. and the car will not be nearly as fun to drive.

if you are driving enough to really feel the price pinch why dont you look into NGV conversion?

mienoz;341796 said:
sorry..forgot some facts fyi

if to sale/trade will cost me ~ RM30K to top-up. that's how engine downgrade come into picture....

what car are you talking about that needs RM30k top-up and your E36?

folks, sorry for late response...not login during the weekend.

thanks for you all honours feedback...really appreciate it :top:. Now, had decided to keep it as a long-term life partner (i mean very2 long) until
death do us apart. Anyway, it's just a thought as one of solution for the fuel price hike and this idea been discarded.

it is also mean the fund for the engine conversion now is to pimp my ride. wish me luck!:top:

Fuel saving technic..

Remove the fuel tank breather, plug it and block the vaporize fuel gas from burning..., install underdrive power pulley to increase power and cut fuel consumption, install aFe cold air intake system to inclease power and cut fuel consumption...., remove the original factory alarm system or your current alarm system that may wrongly connected and cause power drain out... make the alternator harder to turn and provide paracitic drags....,
check your car electrical system for any other short circuit (minor or major),
check wheel alignment.., install voltage stabilizer, remap your ecu....
upgrade the fuel pump (TMS racing fuel pump)

all these mods better that downgrade to 1.8L engine la :stupid:

downgrade cost 15-30K, all these just 5-6k

all the parts can be order from 016 8568563,... :top:

Bro, once you had that "what if" thought, it will stay in the back of your mind. Worse case scenario, after all the "pimpin", you may still cough up for the transplant. I am driving a 325(M) e36 as a second car, daily driver and get 25sen. The way I look at it, if I got a beemer, I ain't parkin it at home while I pay through my nose for road tax etc. I got a beemer to have fun, very little else is fun enough in this time of depression. So petrol is price to pay. Oh, and Btw, my first car, a 2.0 SUV sucks more petrol than this baby!

Totally agree with vinode. Since i have cleared my bank installment recently im looking at beautifying my 2nd wife soon. Seriously there are other options as some of the forumer pointed out. Some thinking of NGV and the other option is HHO technology which is new. I installed HHO back couple months ago and im getting great results. I did thought of NGV but i travel often outstation to client's place so most of the outstation dont have NGV station so wasnt an option for me. Besides, driving BMW go line up with taxi .... hmmmmm i would say i have to pass on that seriously.

jasonk;351852 said:
Totally agree with vinode. Since i have cleared my bank installment recently im looking at beautifying my 2nd wife soon. Seriously there are other options as some of the forumer pointed out. Some thinking of NGV and the other option is HHO technology which is new. I installed HHO back couple months ago and im getting great results. I did thought of NGV but i travel often outstation to client's place so most of the outstation dont have NGV station so wasnt an option for me. Besides, driving BMW go line up with taxi .... hmmmmm i would say i have to pass on that seriously.

Care to share some details of your great results i.e. FC before and after instalation. What's the basis of your measurement of FC? Any improvements on your HP? Any DYNO test done?

JOKER;342487 said:
Remove the fuel tank breather, plug it and block the vaporize fuel gas from burning..., install underdrive power pulley to increase power and cut fuel consumption, install aFe cold air intake system to inclease power and cut fuel consumption...., remove the original factory alarm system or your current alarm system that may wrongly connected and cause power drain out... make the alternator harder to turn and provide paracitic drags....,
check your car electrical system for any other short circuit (minor or major),
check wheel alignment.., install voltage stabilizer, remap your ecu....
upgrade the fuel pump (TMS racing fuel pump)

all these mods better that downgrade to 1.8L engine la :stupid:

downgrade cost 15-30K, all these just 5-6k

all the parts can be order from 016 8568563,... :top:

While you are at that you can check for extra electronics that might be put in your car purposely by those international spy agents to spy on you :wink:

i've been using this voltage stabilizer called i-charge which is Japan technology for ~ 1 month now. I won't say much as it may sound like sales talk but it does work for me. After the price hike and my heavy foot, fc ranging 0.30 - 0.34/km...but now after 2 full tanks, calculate and it reduce to 0.28-0.31/km with the same route and driving behaviour. The car responsiveness increase by only a lil press on pedal. Also, other electronic device like my audio system sounds better. I'm very sure on sound system improvement as earlier had to adjust to high volume to get better sound.

don't ask me on the details how it work as i don't want to create an impression that i'm promoting or selling and getting commission on this device. do check for yourself by search in the internet of this product.

yep,agree with all the comments,there are a lot alternative ways better than downgrade,good luck bro,u already have 328,so lucky..

Top Bottom