Thinking of changing rims - any suggestions?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

terrys

Club Guest
hey guys newbie here, just got my f30 328 sport couple of months back and thinking of changing rims. Searched through the internet, pretty much liked Advan RS 2 and BBS CH-R. Not too sure which, and also thinking of staying 18 or going 19inch, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of both. Any sifu can enlighten abit? thanks =)

I would go for M Performance Style 405M.....hehehehe

Bigger wheel => lower tyre profile => higher tyre pressure => firmer ride => better handling

Happy hunting!

the BBS CH-R seems really heavy, for the 19inches its bout 27-28ish lbs while the Advan RS is only 20-21ish lbs. Bigger rims also translates into higher fuel consumption and slower ride isnt it?

Bigger does not necessarily mean heavier.

F30 M Sport has staggered setup with 255 rear tyres. Non M Sport comes with 225 all around. BMW say fuel consumption & top speed are the same. Interestingly, with wider rear wheels, the century sprint of the 328i improves by 0.2sec.

post some pics once you've decided, i'm also trying to decide on new rims for my 320d msport (when it comes :)

_M_;837633 said:
Bigger does not necessarily mean heavier.

F30 M Sport has staggered setup with 255 rear tyres. Non M Sport comes with 225 all around. BMW say fuel consumption & top speed are the same. Interestingly, with wider rear wheels, the century sprint of the 328i improves by 0.2sec.

Is it easy to get 20" tyres in 235/35 & 265/30 in klang valley? Still contempating whether to go for 20" or opt for smaller 19" for ease availability of tires..n not to mentioned the sky rocket high price on 20" tyres tho..

ashland;837759 said:
Is it easy to get 20" tyres in 235/35 & 265/30 in klang valley? Still contempating whether to go for 20" or opt for smaller 19" for ease availability of tires..n not to mentioned the sky rocket high price on 20" tyres tho..

Donno bro, i'm on 225/35 & 255/30 which may not be kept in stock by many but available upon order. The last time I ordered the delivery was within 3 days. They were available at other places but at some premium (guess they need to factor in cost of working capital).

Try search the forum, there are many threads that talk about where to buy tyres.

How much is a piece of 18 run flat tyre? I thought of upgrading from current 17 stock rim to those black color rims .... Looks fierce and sporty..thanks

actually, im am probably gonna go with advan RS 2 18 inch, provided i can find a place to buy. Its light, sporty. dont really see a reason to change rim just for appearance since its not cheap (am a big fan of lightweight things). Searched Sunway for a bit, no sign of it. Am going to try SG next week. Any recommendation from bros here where to find Advan RS rims ?

here s the link of the car with the wheels:

http://www.yokohamawheel.jp/brand/advan_rs2/index_euro.html

Hi bro speedrats thanks
RFT not many to choose from.. But to change to non RFT then need to carry a spare tyre...hmm

Top Bottom